Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD.sys in daemon 4.09 slowing computer boot

Hi everyone

Ever since i installed daemon tools 4.09..the windows XP splash screen takes forever to load. I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 16mb Cache 320gb PATA HD, and renaming the SPTD.sys to SPTD.sys.bak, eliminates the problem. Normally the blue bar flashes 4 times before it boots, but with SPTD.sys enabled it would take about 20. But w/o SPTD, i can't use daemon tools, what should i do..><. I used to use daemon 3.47, and the problem is not as severe, but 3.47 no longer works with newer image formats.

Did you check new SPTD beta driver? Report if it solves the issue:
    Need to mount or create an image? DAEMON Tools software is here at your service. Choose from laconic Lite, powerful Ultra or old but gold Pro and try for free.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Just installed 1.45 beta and rebooted, same results, it's interesting that SPTD.sys itself is only 666kb, however while observing the boot process, my HD indicator light is on seems like it's loading something during the 20+ blue bar flashes in the XP boot screen, renaming SPTD.sys to SPTD.sys.bak...or deleting it again makes my computer boot blazing fast again...my current workaround this issue is just rename it to .bak while not needing to use daemon, and when i do, just just rename it back to sys and reboot. It's inconvienent, but i can live with it. :S

Comment

Please mail our support (support@daemon-tools.cc) regarding this problem.

Comment

Is there a solution or Bug-Tracking Site ?
          Because i have the same problem ( same with stable release AND beta release ). Same on two different chipset mainboards ( intel and nforce )

system boots very very slowly and if i activate a hotplug HD on my RAID card it needs about 20-30 seconds to recognize it .

would be glad if theres a solution

thx
          poly

Comment

This is a really Annoying problem which slows down the start of the computer MASSIVLY

SO

is there any news on this ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
              Please mail our support (support@daemon-tools.cc) regarding this problem.
              How about mailing?

Comment

This slows down startup dramatically, and even after uninstalling Daemon Tools the problem is not fixed the SPTD.sys file stays there thus keeping your computer slow, come on Daemon Tools you guys need to fix this at least the uninstall portion.

Comment

Well, SPTD.sys isn't developped by DT and SPTD.sys is also used by other programs - so when DT would uninstall SPTD, then other programmes wouldn't work as they should.

You have to download standalone SPTD setup from DuplexSecure.
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Or disable SPTD in registry, see this thread:

Comment

Working...
                    X