Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small problem, where the hell are my virtual drives...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small problem, where the hell are my virtual drives...

I really love daemon tools, I really do. So, I decided to upgrade this bundle of greatness to 4.09 from my past DT (in the 4.0's). I delete my old DT, download the .09, install and reboot it. Upon opening my newly downloaded DT, i find that my drives do not have any letters next to them. Well, with golly i thought, this must not matter. I mount something to see no window which shows anything that pertains to what i mounted. I click the old "my computer" icon to find salavation. Nope my beautiful g: drive is missing! Oh no! Now, you see this would not be large problem as there are many other free mounting programs out there (I have choosen you first [until now]). I open up my other mounting software to see (as you have probably quessed it) no damn virtual drives. I research for a couple of damn hours, wasting my life to find other people with this problem, but no solution that helps me. I hear registries, drivers, SPTD, and whatnot, but no definite solution. I try to find an early version of SPTD to see if that's the problem, no earlier version found. I try updating that one cdrom driver, no avail. I just want to cure this problem. Please tell me what i can do to restore my virtual drives so i can go back to mounting. Thanks. Btw, im using vista: ultimate. How can i just turn the clocks back one minute before i installed the new version...

Ensure you use latest SPTD layer v1.45:
    Need to mount or create an image? DAEMON Tools software is here at your service. Choose from laconic Lite, powerful Ultra or old but gold Pro and try for free.

Then check thread about no drive letters assigned to virtual devices in common problems and solutions forum.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

ok thanks,....

i saw that topic before, but got lost. where you say "click on install drivers and point to cdrom.inf supplied by OS", where is this install drivers button? or is it a button? exactly what do i have to do in vista to do this?

Comment

sorry for double post..

but before i forget, where are "cdrom.sys, storprop.dll and redbook.sys" located under?

Comment

copy can you answer my next two questions please?

Comment

cant answer the next as we cant tell the future...
            guess u meant previous... and you need to be a little patient
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

In device manager -> properties of the virtual drive you should see a driver tab, there should be some install or update driver button.
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
              X