D-Tools or Daemon Tools Folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Tools or Daemon Tools Folder

daemon.exe has been installed in the folder "Daemon Tools" in my Program folder, as expected.

For some reason, I have a key in my registry that doesn't want to recognize that: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Key:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    ValueAEMON Tools-1033
    Data:"C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033

If I try to edit or remove that key to reflect the correct folder name Daemon Tools instead of D-Tools, it always revert back to that wrong information. There is no folder called D-Tools anywhere.

I uninstalled Daemon Tools to see if that goes away but it's still there. Somehow there in an active prograam/process that keeps writing that to my registry. Advanced Windows Care complains at each scan.

Any clue?

Which Daemon Tools version do you use?
    Latest version actually uses HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive to store autostart value, thus the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key should be either removed, or could be deleted without any problem.
    Did you rename the Daemon Tools installation folder?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I just installed the latest version 4.091. I had an older version (3?) installed before. I didn't change any folder name -- just the default installation. I'm not sure in which folder was the older one installed though.

I've tried to remove and delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Key with the wrong info but something on my system re-write it within seconds. A driver maybe?

Comment

Seems there are some leftovers of previous version.
        If you used v3.43-v3.47 before check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum for manual removal procedure, reboot afterwards.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks, I had done that and still couldn't fix the issue.

But now, I found what the problem was: Ad-Watch was blocking the deletion of the old key in the registry. Sometimes, too much protection is not good...

Comment

Working...
          X