Windows XP - The Directory Name is Invalid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP - The Directory Name is Invalid

I upgraded with a fresh install of Windows XP yesterday, and after installing several programs (and a successful install of Daemon-tools) I started getting an Error when clicking ANY executable file about the directory name was invalid. I rebooted with error checking on the drives and it came up empty. My DVD-RW drive was also disabled. I then proceeded to format the drive and start over. I ran the first part (STPD) of the daemon tools installation and rebooted, and now when I try to run the installation (or any other executable) it gives me the directory name is invalid error. I would try installing the stand alone version of this, but I can't seem to run any executable by double clicking it. I don't have any idea what's causing this, and I have little or no interest in pursuing it as I will now do yet another fresh install and avoid using this application all together. Just so you don't write this off as the idiot didn't click "Run as Administrator" WUP (or whatever it's called) is not the issue. NO executables will run as a double click and it doesn't matter if this feature is enabled or disabled.

It would be so nice if this software actually had an uninstaller available, but it's not like I could double click it anyways. I'm definately not a fan of the new versions that use this SFPS (is that short for "stupid fucking piece of shit"?) software to say the least. Maybe you should worry a little less about letting people emulate pirated games and more about system stability. You've certainly lost a user after years of loyalty.

Watch your language!
    Did you take a look at the Microsoft knowledge base yet?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X