Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

re-installing windows xp without cd-rom use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-installing windows xp without cd-rom use?

Dear Daemon Tools members,
    As a newbie on this forum here, I would like to ask a question about re-installing Windows XP without using a dvd/cd-rom drive....
    I'm enquiring about this as, my dvd/cd-rom drive on my laptop is busted and my windows seems plagued by nasty unremovable spyware and multiple errors.... (and I'm stressing out over finishing my uni-dissertation at the same time!)..
    Therefore I was thinking if someone might know how to re-install windows from an its ISO-file, which I could store on an extarnal harddrive or pendrive - (or even the D: drive?), maybe someone could let me know how I could best do this.... I've tried to look if there was already written on this subject, but have not managed to find a topic on this...
    I'm not a techy in particular and would be grateful if someone could help me out with this,
    Thanks! Ch.

Not possible, as the virtual drives rely on drivers that must be loaded by Windows. You could just get an external USB drive to install from.

Comment

cheers

Thanks a lot for your reply Jito462,
      Hope I'll be able to sort it out from the ext. USB,

Cheers Cheeritoz

Comment

Originally Posted by cheeritoz View Post
        Dear Daemon Tools members,
        As a newbie on this forum here, I would like to ask a question about re-installing Windows XP without using a dvd/cd-rom drive....
        I'm enquiring about this as, my dvd/cd-rom drive on my laptop is busted and my windows seems plagued by nasty unremovable spyware and multiple errors.... (and I'm stressing out over finishing my uni-dissertation at the same time!)..
        Therefore I was thinking if someone might know how to re-install windows from an its ISO-file, which I could store on an extarnal harddrive or pendrive - (or even the D: drive?), maybe someone could let me know how I could best do this.... I've tried to look if there was already written on this subject, but have not managed to find a topic on this...
        I'm not a techy in particular and would be grateful if someone could help me out with this,
        Thanks! Ch.

to make it work take it to a tecnision or lady computer it will work correctly

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply
          i can try

Comment

Working...
          X