Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble installing

Hi,
    Im having trouble installing daemon tools. I have done everything listed in 'you must reboot after previous operation' in common problems and solutions.
    Everytime I try to install Daemon Tools, I get up to the licence agreement, when I click 'agree' the message 'Setup must restart windows to continue installation after reboot' appears
    After I reboot, when I try to install daemon tools again. The message 'you must reboot after previous operation' appears and the key: '19659239224e364682fa4baf72c53ea4' is back in the registry. So then the process starts again........ I don't know what to do now.
    Im using windows vista x86
    Andrew

You must first delete the key, then start Daemon Tools installation again.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thanks, dont worry I fixed it

Comment

I seem to be having a similar situation, except i'm running vista ultimate x64 and every time i restart and run the install it starts the stpd installer again, and the key isn't even in the registry!

I have also tried everything in the "You must reboot after previous operation"

i would also like to know how you fixed it andrew it may help me.

maybe i'm just missing something .

any help would be appreciate hope i'm being clear enough

Comment

Did you check related thread in common problems and solutions forum yet?
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I fixed it by:

I followed all the instructions in 'You must reboot after previous operation' forum

I kept trying to install, after every failure I kept deleting the 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\19659239224e364682fa4 b af72c53ea4' key

I deleted the whole sptd folder in the registry

downloaded the sptd driver and installed,restarted....

I downloaded the sptd driver again, and it stated I had an earlier version, so I updated.and...once I updated I didn't restart, I simply tried installing daemon tools again and it went through with the installation

hope this helps....
            regards
            Andrew

Comment

I'm Back

This is just a post so people don't think i'm a rat, and also to relieve a major guilt complex.

My problem not fixed yet, i've just been so busy!

anyway, there are a lot of people who have posted with simular problems with vista, so i will have a look at those when i get a chance.

Now people don't have to think:

"oh that little skunk probable fixed his problem and forgot about us"

Thanks for all your help!

Dr. Quaid

Comment

Working...
              X