NEC DVD ND-3540A Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEC DVD ND-3540A Problems

Since I have installed Daemon Tools 4.09 my drive has been playing up.
    1) Unable to format new DVD's for 1st use.
    2) Unable to play DVD's in anything but VLC player.
    I could do both just before installing the software and have tested 1 of the discs on my other pc which has no problem writing to it!
    I have been through the forum, tried all beta's and solutions that have worked for others... but for me not 1 works
    The only burning software on my pc is Nero 6.6.1.15. I see no reason to update or format when I know full well it was working just before I installed Daemon Tools as I had just burnt over some work.
    I have tried installing/uninstalling Nero along with installing/uninstalling SPTD/Daemon Tools - Nothing works...
    So anyone who thinks they can help please do so!

Did you try SPTD layer v1.45 yet:
    Need to mount or create an image? DAEMON Tools software is here at your service. Choose from laconic Lite, powerful Ultra or old but gold Pro and try for free.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Yep, have tryed updating that I get the same result.

Comment

I have the same DVD as you and _immediately_ after DT-install it stopped recognize CDs, only DVDs work. But of course its a "hardware error"

Comment

Well I fixed the dvd error by changing the firmware, I can now watch them in any media player.
          It will read CD-RW discs that contain data (have not tested on a blank) and it will also read DVD-RW discs that contain data... but it now wont write to *new* blank DVD-RW's and it could just before installing daemon tools.
          Have yet to reformat and try, but theres is no way on earth this is a hardware error.

Comment

What happens when you uninstall DTools and SPTD?

Comment

Stayed the exact same.
              My guess is on install it changes something... and whatever that change is this DVD drive hates it.
              I have since tried Nero 7 and get the same results... I know the discs are fine as my other pc burns to them ok.
              One thing I did notice is the "Recording" tab has gone in the DVD drives properties, I followed some MS guide to get that back... but that didnt help any.

Comment

Neither DAEMON Tools nor SPTD do not send any configuration commands to physical devices and do not try to change their parameters.

Comment

Then how do you explain my problem?
                  It was writing discs just before, and since it has problems. And it is not a failure caused by myself or the drive!
                  Heck I bet if someone was to buy one of these drives just to test it with DT you would get the exact same results.

Comment

Working...
                  X