DT & problems with video adapter & heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT & problems with video adapter & heating

I have HP nc6000 laptop (Win XP Pro SP2 + all recent updates) & I've installed last version of DT but after reboot system could not see my video adapter - it is ATI mobility 9600, it was running in VGA mode. More over reinstallation of ATI drivers did not solve the problem so I had to go back to previous safe configuration then I've uninstalled DT.

I've read lots of FAQs here but didn't found anybody having my problem. Installation/uninstallation of DT was OK.

This have solved the problem of video but now PC heats _A_LOT_ it's temperature is around 80 degrees & I it switches off after some time. Exploring my laptop I've foud great heating from HDD side + I found that CD-Burner does not work properly.

Is it possible to check what's wrong now? Maybe DT replaced some WinXP components & I simply need to bring them back? Which files/registry key can be checked.

DTools doesn't affect any original files in Windows. The only system/driver files it installs are the SPTD and the DTools drivers.

Comment

So it means that it installs only
      sptd.sys
      dmboot.sys
      dmio.sys
      dmload.sys
      ?

is it possible to delete these files? Any registry keys to be deleted?

Comment

Daemon Tools does not install any files named dm*.sys!
        You can disable SPTD layer in registry, no need to delete anything there.
        Set "Start" value in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd to 4 (= disabled).
        Note that Daemon Tools won't work with SPTD layer disabled. In order to re-enable SPTD layer change "Start" value back to 0.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

OK, thanks. I've tried already to disable SPTD & it didn't help.

Seems that it was coincidence & have no relation to DT.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
            Daemon Tools does not install any files named dm*.sys!
            You can disable SPTD layer in registry, no need to delete anything there.
            Set "Start" value in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd to 4 (= disabled).
            Note that Daemon Tools won't work with SPTD layer disabled. In order to re-enable SPTD layer change "Start" value back to 0.
            you also have to reboot after doing this...
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
            X