Windows Vista Access Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista Access Problem

Ive loved daemon tools for a long time and never had any problems with it on my old laptop which had xp. Then it broke so now i have a brand spanking new vista computer with home premium! So i updated my daemons tool and got the correct version it installed alright it mounted alright but when i try to access the files on the mounted iso's it says and i quote

"Windows can not acess the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

Now i may be a bit new to vista but i tried looking for any access restrictions to the iso but i found none even though i do know that vista has alot of security pop-ups which is starting to get annoying. Has anyone got any suggestions how to fix it?

hmm..

Originally Posted by blazingvista View Post
    Ive loved daemon tools for a long time and never had any problems with it on my old laptop which had xp. Then it broke so now i have a brand spanking new vista computer with home premium! So i updated my daemons tool and got the correct version it installed alright it mounted alright but when i try to access the files on the mounted iso's it says and i quote
    "Windows can not acess the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"
    Now i may be a bit new to vista but i tried looking for any access restrictions to the iso but i found none even though i do know that vista has alot of security pop-ups which is starting to get annoying. Has anyone got any suggestions how to fix it?
    When you re-installed, did you right click the file and install it as administrator, or did the installer auto prompt for high level privilege?

Comment

i had no prompt i dont think but ill reinstall with administrator privelages to see

Comment

Working...
      X