Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools & Nforce 680i don't mix?

Hello all,

This is my first post here on the D-Tools Forums and I am looking for some insight to an issue I think I have singled out to be my Nforce chipset. I am using the latest version of Daemon Tools, currently "DAEMON Tools 4.09 X86 w/ SPTD1.43". When attempting to install from multiple images I encounter CRC errors, and failures in data transfer.

As any user who spends 10+ hours in a data center everyday the first thing I suspect is my Ram. I ended up running Memtestx86 for 12 hours without error. I ended up replacing the Ram with different modules and repeating the Memtest without issue or resolve.

I also attempted the image installs on both WindowsXP and Windows Vista Ultimate x86 to confirm this was not OS related.

I am not using Sata Drives or IDE drives I am using SCSI on a LSI MegaRaid 320-1 so the Sata HDD corruption issue with earlier Bios editions can be ruled out I assume.

I triple checked the images which seem fine. They work fine with the same version of Daemon Tools on a DFI LanParty 875PrevB. Also On the same OS configuration MagicIso (yuck) gives me no issues during installation of these images.

I have spent a great deal of time and effort to ensure this is 680i related, however the driver level support of this chipset goes beyond my experience.

Is it possible we as a community can investigate this issue and either confirm it or deny it?

Please post any questions if I have left out any important information, or let me know if you suspect your NForce 68/63 Chipset to be the cause of your Daemon Tools woes.

Do NOT use SPTD layer v1.43 anymore! Try v1.47:
    Need to mount or create an image? DAEMON Tools software is here at your service. Choose from laconic Lite, powerful Ultra or old but gold Pro and try for free.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X