Daemon tools says mounted drive empty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools says mounted drive empty

I installed daemon tools and mounted an cue-bin file and installed a game...now even after removing, cleaning registery and rebooting everytime try to mount an image...even the one that already worked...it says they are all empty..or they just don't load. Computer runs xp Pro. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great...

TokenBad

Is there a drive letter assigned to the virtual drive, and what do you see in device manager (which drivers installed, yellow exclamation marks)?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

daemon tools say mounted drive empty

It shows the virtual drive and all that...but then says the mounted image is there but nothing there...I checked device manager...and no yellow ! points

TokenBad

Comment

Sure it shows the drive, if device manager is ok, but is there a drive letter assigned to it? If you left-click on tray icon, does it say "Device 0: [X:] No Media" (i.e. letter X: assigned), or "Device 0: [ ] No Media" (i.e. NO letter assigned)?
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

damon tools says mounted drive empty

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
          Sure it shows the drive, if device manager is ok, but is there a drive letter assigned to it? If you left-click on tray icon, does it say "Device 0: [X:] No Media" (i.e. letter X: assigned), or "Device 0: [ ] No Media" (i.e. NO letter assigned)?

Yes it shows the letter assigned to it...and it shows what is mounted but when click on the drive in my computer it says drive is empty.

TokenBad

Comment

Check this:

How you created your image and where is it located (controller/drive/filesystem)?

Comment

files are ones downloaded

These are files downloaded as cue bin files or iso files...like ubuntu or dreamlinux...stuff like that...

TokenBad

Comment

still not working

I know the files are not bad cause can burn them and they work...so it has to be something with daemon tools or something in windows that is blocking it...or maybe even the driver that is being used...but I don't see any problems...so I don't have any idea on how to fix this..

TokenBad

Comment

Question: Do you have Autorun/Auto Insert Notification disabled?
                  Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
                  In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

No

No its not disabled. Its not that it will not auto load...it says they are empty...no files...even though works if burn the files to disk...just will not work in daemon tools or 120%

TokenBad

Originally Posted by Nodens View Post
                    Question: Do you have Autorun/Auto Insert Notification disabled?

Comment

The reason why I asked is that if Auto Insert Notification is off (and if you disable autorun via the registry key this also get off) then windows doesn't refresh and your drive will show empty or an older disk.
                      Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
                      In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

wow

Originally Posted by Nodens View Post
                        The reason why I asked is that if Auto Insert Notification is off (and if you disable autorun via the registry key this also get off) then windows doesn't refresh and your drive will show empty or an older disk.

Wild thats what it is doing...but autoload is on...both in windows and in daemon tools...

TokenBad

Comment

also tried

Originally Posted by TokenBad View Post
                          Wild thats what it is doing...but autoload is on...both in windows and in daemon tools...
                          TokenBad

I searched on google and tried the fix for that in the registry and stuff...still didn't work. So I don't know what it is doing it.

TokenBad

Comment

Working...
                          X