Heroes of Might and Magic V v.1.05 EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes of Might and Magic V v.1.05 EU

Hi, this is my first post on this forum !
    I recently decided to make a backup copy of my beloved HOMMV since the DVD started to become very hot after a short usage.
    I tried using YASU latest version (I think 1.2b) and DT 4.09, but when I run the game (even if I cloak my drives before running the game), an error message come out saying that I am using a backup copy instead of the original DVD (CureROM 2.0.3.3 doesn't work as well).
    How can I solve this? Thanks!

Your image is bad...
    Try recreating your image with Alcohol 120%,
    Make sure you select the correct media type.
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

This is not YASU related. your image is bad. Click on link in my signature.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Wow, now it works, thank you!

Comment

How do I know if my image is bad?

I used Alcohol 120%, and the info in the link, but I'm still getting the "Use a real disc, not a backup" message. How can I determine if I have a good image? Or are there settings DAEMON I'm missing?

Comment

Originally Posted by 9Voice9 View Post
            I used Alcohol 120%, and the info in the link, but I'm still getting the "Use a real disc, not a backup" message. How can I determine if I have a good image? Or are there settings DAEMON I'm missing?
            i had the same problem some weeks ago too... but you can simply solve it (it did work for me somehow): try to turn on under emulation "hide cd-r" it should work one or two times to play the game, and then you'll (maybe) bekome an error from securom, turn then this "hide cd-r" off again. Then it should work forever (if you have the problem like me) sry for my bad english^^

Comment

I have a problem with HOMMV too.
              I have install HOMMV and then i made a image with Alcohol 52% as .mdf/.mds file.
              Then I have "CureRom" installed and started up. When mount with Alcohol 52% is selected, and I saved and I started the program, i can choose to whether I play or want to browse dvd.
              When I click on play, the message come that my CD / DVD on the false drive, and must insert in E.

But in the info text from CureRom is writen: is tested with HOMMV.

What i can do?

Sorry for the bad english.

Comment

Use YASU, CureROM is outdated.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

So, now I have download Yasu, but i doesnґt work.
                  When I click on play, the message come that my CD / DVD on the false drive, and must insert in E.

I made that so: in yasu i click to the cloak button, then i start the game in the virtual drive.
                  The image i made with alcohol 52 % and mount the game with daemon tools lite 4

Comment

Try mounting into virtual IDE drive of DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

@Chom^^
                      Which versions of DT lite and YASU are you using ?
                      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

dt Lite 4.30.3 and YASU 1.3.7071

Comment

hmm, isnt that an old version of yasu?
                          my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

ohh i see now in Heroes of Might and Magic V that I use version 1.0, but in the HOMMV folder the start file say version 1.0.0.27

Comment

Just a heads up that as far as I know, patch 1.6 (1.0.6) of HOMM-V removes the disk protection check for the EU version. From what I have read though, Securom protection remains in the 1.6 US version...

So as long as you have a valid image, apply the latest patch and everything should go fine!

R.

Comment

Working...
                              X