Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD drive problems

Hi there,

A month or so back I installed Daemon Tools, and ever since my CD drive hasn't been working properly. The computer still recognises that a CD drive is there, it just doesn't read or recognise any CDs. Yesterday I reinstalled Daemon Tools and the drive started recognising CDs again... for a while. Now it doesn't, and Daemon Tools doesn't run (when I click the icon, nothing happens).

Please can someone tell me how to fix this? Words of one syllable if poss, I know nothing about computers.

cheers

Perhaps you may try to install the lastest SPTD.

If that fails as well, please try to uninstall Daemon Tools and SPTD, then check whether the drives work again.

If that even fails, then do you use Windows XP? Is the autorun function of CD/DVD drives off?

Comment

Hi!
      Im a Hungaryan boy , so i think there will be some problems understanding me , but ill do my best :P.So i searched all over the internet , but i didn't find anithing that i could use for my problem---> "invalid device" what appears when I want to start DT.I put up an XP Home , and when i wanted to start DT , the message suddenly appeared.I saw this SPTD thing what i couldn't understand what it is....so please can someone help me?

Comment

Solution: Following method one will restore devices:

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Comment

Working...
        X