question on cd-da and subchannel data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on cd-da and subchannel data

hi, I've been using daemon tools for quite a while and I've encountered a problem with cd-da when I use daemon tools; I've searched the forum for related topics on this issue, but I can't find any...

anyway, I was playing a game which its musics are in cd-da format, I used nero to create a cd image and mount it with the latest version of daemon tool; however, I can't seem to hear any musics when I play the game, is it because daemon tool doesn't support subchannel data or cd-da related formats? if there's a way to correct this problem, please tell me, thank you very much!

You've to disable analog audio, and to enable digital audio from virtual drives - you need WDM drivers for your sound card to enable digital audio, though. If you use Win2k or higher, your sound drivers should be WDM.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

sorry Copytrooper, but could you give me more specific instructions in terms of how to fix this problem under winxp? I've looked through daemon tool's virtual dvd drive properties under device manager, and that windows digital thing is enabled already, I suppose winxp is higher than win2k so it should already have that WDM driver installed?

Comment

Right click on Daemon Tools task bar icon -> options -> disable analog audio.

Comment

oh, I see, thank you very much

Comment

Anytime :mrgreen:

Comment

blast... even after I disabled analog audio, there's still no sign of music playing in this game... :cry:

Comment

Strange - can you try an audio cd-image?

Comment

sure, I'll try that right now

Comment

mmm.... I created an audio image, but after I mount it with daemon, the autoplay game window doesn't pop up anymore, instead I get the WMP showing up, trying to play the musics in the game... there's a large piece of data file around 200 MB (containing the installation files, etc) which is also converted into audio track, so the game can't really run after this image is mounted...

Comment

You should try to play the audio cd image with another cd-player software, e.g. the Windows cd player, not the WMP!

Comment

oh nice, it works now!! thank you so much Copytrooper!!

Comment

Working...
                        X