DT vs Starforce 4.7 frontline...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT vs Starforce 4.7 frontline...

Any news regarding the new Starforce release ? Some new titles (I.E. Colin DiRT) are implementing this new copy protection.
    There are new DT version planned to counterattack ?

Just to clarify, it is not a War, but its just to preserve our Original Copies...

Thanks and sorry for my poor English (i'm Italian)

Bye

ciao! ^^
    so whats going wrong with Colin McRae DIRT?! How did u create the image?! Do u get an error message?
    My sysProfile!

Comment

Hi,

I also have problems getting Colin McRae Dirt (Starforce 4.70.9.3) to run.

I made an image using Alcohol 120% 1.9.6.5403 with DPM High setting. My DT version is 4.091 and SPTD 1.47 beta.

When I mount the image into DT and try to start the game, SF gives me two error messages:

Either

1. Emulation software was found

or

2. Disc cannot be recognized (after a long scanning procedure and complete freeze of my system for 3s)

Things, that I've tried:

1. Deactivating my optical drive through windows or BIOS - doesn't work

2. Enabling Emulation in DT - doesn't work.

3. Completely uninstalling Alcohol 120% - doesn't work.

The strange thing is that there are people who get the game to work by just mounting it and play.

What else can I try ? Thx for help.

Comment

I'm back...
        Unfortunately i don't remember exactly which options i used, but DPM was activated during copy.

There is some way to view further information of the created image using Alcohol ?

The weird thing is that at First Launch of the Game (on Windows Vista), protection test passed and game started normally... When i changed Graphic Option and Game restarted, Starforce restarted too and crashed... So i restarted the System and the Game don't start anymore...

On DT all EMU was on. I tried to reinstall the Game and removed SF with the Utility "sfdrvrem"... But nothing changed.

SF protection error was "Insert original CD..."

What can i do ?
        Please let me know if there is some way to check property of my Image...

Comment

@both: in order to create a good image u have to uninstall SF drivers first as they interfere with the image creation.

@erosoft: u can use MDS-Viewer to see if the MDS is good (smooth curve).
          IMPORTANT: DISABLE all DT emulations in order to get the game working.
          My sysProfile!

Comment

Ok, thanks alot i'll try it tonight with fingers crossed...
            See you

Comment

@erosoft
              Please also have a look at this thread

If it's only the mds-file you can try this one
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                @erosoft
                Please also have a look at this thread
                If it's only the mds-file you can try this one

Thanks i'll try your MDS, because mine its a little bit BAD, the First time SF check the Disk Fail and it only pass the second time... bit annoying.
                Thanks

Comment

I've got the same problem, but Colin DiRT didnt start. It shows 2 errors: "Emulator found" and "Error reading disc (something like that)" I dont know what to do...

Comment

hi
                    i have a problem with dirt.. but it has nothing to do with "emulation detction" error:

i'm out of ideas... anyone has a solution?

Comment

Well, this is a first for me anyways...

I have a backup of DiRT running on Vista32 with the latest DT4.09HE and everything is working fine.

I was wondering when DT beat SF protection, but it seems that not everyone has the same results.

FYI I have a SATA RAID setup, a standard IDE drive and an IDE DVDROM connected.

No other protection work arounds are in place, only DT.

Let us know what you think,

Jon.

Comment

Back again,

I made a fresh installation of Windows XP SP2 to look if it might help.

But the game still does not start.

Once I got it to work when I mounted the image from an external USB harddisc, but after reboot this didn't work anymore.

I get the same message like eyelids most.

Comment

my images of colin mcrae dirt is working "nearly" fine. sometimes i have to try it 5 times, sometimes it starts after 5sec checking.

i also used an "external" mds. what me impressed most is it still works after updating to version 1.1 (it also updates starforce - had to reboot). like i mentioned before after this update it took sometimes few more times to run the game.

Comment

My image fo Dirt is OK, my problem is autosave forever corrupted...ideas?

Comment

I did a very silly mistake
                              I didn't notice that there was a .mds
                              so I mounted .mdf all the time - that was the problem

woks like a charm if .mds mounted with DT 4.09HE and SPTD 1.47

Comment

Working...
                              X