Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starforce daemon-tools and others...

Hi,

On belgium-gravure.eu, a member ask me why starforce on dvd doesn't need a third application to disable disc whereas starforce on cd need it :

1/TOCA RACER 2 (DVD), starforce 3.3 doesn't need starfuck.
    2/VSK3 (CD), starforce 3.3 need starfuck .
    3/1944, campagne ardennes (CD) starforce 3.4. need starfuck.
    4/Worms 4 Mayhem (DVD), starforce 3.5 doesn't need starfuck
    5/ Ankh (CD), starforce 3.6, need starfuck.

Daemon tool used driver 1.47beta, image disc are created by alcohol 120% (1.9.6 b5403) with starforce profile (dpm : normal - reading speed 8x on CD, 4x on DVD
    ).

Other information can be found (in french):

So is it normal that DT need a third programms when we want to emulate starforce (CD) and not with starforce (DVD) ?

There is only a check when IDE drive -> check there. Also you shouldnt say the f word.

Well Worms 4 here at my place need disable of ide-drives.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Sorry for the f word.

About the ide drive :
      He tries with a dvd burner usb (lite on) to make the backup, for starforce dvd no problems, but starforce CD there is.

So he tries with a plextor cd burner, no amelioration.
      Last edited by pseudo555; 17.06.2007, 10:50.

Comment

In general Starforce 3 checks if any IDE drives are present in the system and if so it refuses to read from the scsi device(DT emulates scsi device).Starforce 4 does not perform this check.About the ide check of version 3 it depends of the hardware(mostly chipset) , system drivers , version of sptd and of course version of starforce.For me personally i needed to disable ide drives for the dvd versions of Prince of Persia T2T and Toca race driver 3 which are both DVD versions.Thanks to the chipset of my MB(nforce4) it was enough for me to disable the ide controller in device manager.

Comment

Ok, thank's you for your answer.

I have few question again :

First, a little problem between Alcohol 52 % FE, AnyDVD and starforce 3.5.
          Before the installation of anydvd, A52%FE was enabled to emulate SF. After, we have the "classic" message : please insert the "good disc".

Secondly, when i update STPD driver to 1.49b, fews games can't be emulated anymore. But there is no problem with 1.47b version.
          ( http://www.belgium-gravure.eu/bg_post_t_2645.html )

Comment

Install SPTD 1.50.

Comment

Originally Posted by pseudo555 View Post
              Ok, thank's you for your answer.
              I have few question again :
              First, a little problem between Alcohol 52 % FE, AnyDVD and starforce 3.5.
              Before the installation of anydvd, A52%FE was enabled to emulate SF. After, we have the "classic" message : please insert the "good disc".
              Secondly, when i update STPD driver to 1.49b, fews games can't be emulated anymore. But there is no problem with 1.47b version.
              ( http://www.belgium-gravure.eu/bg_post_t_2645.html )
              AnyDVD is a filter driver which can interfere with other low leve ldrivers.I recommend you to disable anydvd when trying to play SF protected game.I have installed anydvd in my system for years but i keep i t disabled until i really need it and had no problems with any starforce game.If it worked for other people it worked for me too.As for the sptd i have tested sptd 1.49 only with one starforce game - colin mcrae dirt 1.1 but it is SF 4 and not 3 so i don't know how are the things for SF3.

Comment

He is using a USB drive. As far as I know USB drives are a hole is Starforce. If he only has a USB drive it is reasonable that he doesn't need to hide it.
                Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
                In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

Originally Posted by Nodens View Post
                  He is using a USB drive. As far as I know USB drives are a hole is Starforce. If he only has a USB drive it is reasonable that he doesn't need to hide it.
                  Not for starforce 3.6 and over

Comment

Working...
                  X