Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't access registry

Vista x64
    Updated to latest SPTD. DT seems to install but can't add any drives. It throws a registry access error. I have seen some x86 threads and solutions that don't work.

Any ideas?
    -TC

Vista x64 tips

Can you please give the exact error message? What version of SPTD and DAEMON Tools are you using? Have you tried using RunAs (then username Administrator [yes do this even if your username is already Administrator]) and if that doesn't work then disabling User Access Control until you get DAEMON Tools working.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
      Can you please give the exact error message? What version of SPTD and DAEMON Tools are you using? Have you tried using RunAs (then username Administrator [yes do this even if your username is already Administrator]) and if that doesn't work then disabling User Access Control until you get DAEMON Tools working.
      The exact error text is "Unable to add adapter. Registry access error."

I'm using DT 4091 and SPTD 1.49

I think the problem is that the SPTD is not installing for some reason. The device manager only shows my two physical drives. Storage controllers only show Microsoft iSCSI Initiator.

-TC

Comment

If you see such error then SPTD must be ok, else DT would not start at all.

Most likely cause is that some registry is blocked in your system and adapter installation cannot be performed.
        Make sure SYSTEM has full access to all keys inside HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet hive.

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
          Make sure SYSTEM has full access to all keys inside HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet hive.
          There doesn't appear to be a hive entry in there.

-TC

Comment

Not a key called hive, that whole HKLM section is one of the five registry "hives". He's saying to make sure the System permissions are correct for HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
              He's saying to make sure the System permissions are correct for HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet.
              System has full permissions to that key and everything subsequent to that key.

Thanks,
              -TC

Comment

Having the same issue with daemon 4.09.1HE X64, on Vista 64 bit Ultimate

Registry has the correct permissions but Daemon tool complains about registry access error.
                Tried with SPTD 1.43 1.47 and 1.49 with no luck
                I noticed the SPTD.sys file is not digitally signed, is this an issue? I thought 64 bit Vista require drivers to be signed?

Comment

Originally Posted by tchyt View Post
                  Registry has the correct permissions but Daemon tool complains about registry access error.
                  I noticed the SPTD.sys file is not digitally signed, is this an issue? I thought 64 bit Vista require drivers to be signed?
                  Although this has nothing to do with driver signing (you'd get a specific message for that) you can disable the requirement by using "bcdedit /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" without the quotes. And imho it's one of the first things to do on a new installation.
                  Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
                  In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

Originally Posted by tchyt View Post
                    I might add here that I have been getting PFN_LIST_CORRUPT blue screens since I attempted this install. After many headaches I have been able to identify the driver that is corrupting the list as the SPTD driver.

-TC

Comment

Working...
                    X