Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nProtect GameGuard + DT = BSOD

Hello there!

Wanted to report a problem I've noticed.

Many MMO games (like Lineage II, 9 dragons, flyff, MapleStory) use nProtect GameGuard for anticheating protection. When running such a game, ALT+TABing back to Windows desktop and runnning DT causes an immediate BSOD.

I'm using latest SPDT driver v1.47 with DT v4.091 on Windows XP SP2 with all microsoft critical updates installed.

Anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Well, first question that comes to mind is why do you need to run DTools when you're playing an MMO? It's not like they require the disc in the drive...

Having said that, have you tried the SPTD 1.49 beta?

Need to mount or create an image? DAEMON Tools software is here at your service. Choose from laconic Lite, powerful Ultra or old but gold Pro and try for free.

Comment

If you use this software with Daemon Tools installed, you are out of luck. We do NOT support installation on systems using this software:
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
        Well, first question that comes to mind is why do you need to run DTools when you're playing an MMO? It's not like they require the disc in the drive...
        I'm not using DT for the MMO games (as you state they do not require a disc anyways). But while your character does something boring in the MMO world, I use ALT-TAB to go back to Windows and run another game to pass the time

This is where I need to use DT.

I understand that programs like GameGuard use programming techniques that may cause such problems but an instant BSOD is really odd behaviour.

Thank you both for the quick replies!

Comment

Working...
        X