Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompatibility : daemon tool + intel raid driver 7.x on ICH8R

Hello all.

Just to say you that i found an incompatibility between Daemon Tools and the 7.x intel drivers for Raid on ICH8R.

Since a while, my machine had some random and frequently freezes, and even after a new install of winXP. I've done a lot of test to find where it come from (tested all my hardware: mobo, cpu, ram, vga, hdd...) and nothing strange on this side.

And finaly, i've found that the problème comes when running in raid mode with intel 7.x drivers (7.0 and 7.5 the same problem) and daemon tool installed in the same time (4.08, 4.09, 4.091. (even with the new SPTD V1.49beta driver). For now, i didn't find a solution (else than uninstalling daemon tool and sptd driver :sad: )

Here is my configuration if it can help you :
    Windows XP SP2
    Gigabyte DS3P (P965 / ICH8R)
    C2D 6400
    2x 1Go PC6400 Gskill HZ
    2x samsung hdd sata2 in matrix raid

PS1 : no problem with intel driver and daemon tool when hdd are in simple AHCI mode.
    PS2 : this freeze phenomen is amplified when the machine is overclocked.

Good continuation all

I guess I can confirm this,

Windows XP SP2 x64
    Asus P5B Delux/Wifi (P965 / ICH8R)
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    2x 320gb (RAID 0)

I've never had this problem before, although I did download and install the latest chipset drivers before installing DEAMON-TOOLS.

I first installed the new SPTD drivers and later reverted back to the Offical without succes. When loading a .BWT img my computer will freeze instantly and when I load a .img file I can see the actual img on My Computer although when trying to launch the software my computer will freeze.

Comment

Same

Same with a P5B and ICH8

I have some freeze when I open "my computer" (poste de travail on French XP) time to time and no possibility to overburn DVDR but I dont think Daeomon problems.

After installing the new 4.09 and integrated SPTD its different, after a working session of one hour or more I have no DVD writer in Nero and my "my computer" can freeze for few minutes, but I suspect a recent installation of Starfoce too. I have to do more testing.

Comment

Try the new SPTD 1.50
        Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
        In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

Originally Posted by Nodens View Post
          Try the new SPTD 1.50
          SPTD 1.50 did not help, it acts the exact same way as pre-1.5 SPTDs.

Comment

I can confirm this too
            I have a P5B deluxe in raid0 on ich8r

Comment

same problem with dt pro

looks like i can confirm his too:
              installed dt pro, created an image of my favorite game (anno 1701) and was able to mount it without problems. starting the game resulted in the system hanging!
              tried the image on another pc (without raid!) and the image worked perfectly!

my config:
              abit ab9quadgt
              e6400
              winxp pro sp2
              dt pro 4 (includes sptd 1.50)
              the imagefile is located on a raid1 volume connected to the onboard p965/ich8r controller using intel matrixstoragemanager 7.0
              ps. just seen there is a new version 7.5 out right now. although, from looking into the release notes, i don't expect a fix four this problem i will tray it anyway ...

any response from the developers?

Comment

The probem is under investigation.

Comment

I can confirm this too.
                  P5B Deluxe/wifi-ap with raid 10 and raid 0
                  Under 6.x drivers i had no problems, now some images wihich work on other pc makes daemon tools (or alcohol 120%) hangs both on vista and xp using sptd 1.5.

Comment

Correction

I made some tests. With some images (especially ccd+img+sub ones) the system hangs when mounting from a raid 10 array and another raid 0 array on the ich8r. If i move the images onto an external disk they work. If i mount the images from the ich8r on another machine through lan they work.

I experience this even with just vista drivers, fresh formatted.

Comment

Originally Posted by Battlezone View Post
                      I experience this even with just vista drivers, fresh formatted.
                      I think 4.09x doesn't get along with recent iATA drivers managing a striping/RAID array, even the ones included with the Vista install disc.

Same problem on an AW9D-MAX with a striping array on the ICH7R. Currently using Vista 32-bit and Intel's ATA driver 7.5.0.1017. I've tried up to SPTI 1.50, and the problem persists with DT 4.09x. Downgrading to 4.08 fixes the problem, and I can use any recent version of SPTI... so I think the bugs were introduced in the 4.09x releases and reside with DT rather than SPTI.

Just adding my $0.02.

Comment

I've already reported some 4.09HE errors here:
                        http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=16642
                        Machine on which it happens is abit AB9Pro (Intel P965) and problematic *.ISZ files are located on RAID0 volume. No problems with other formats of CD/DVD images.

Comment

Same issues here with DT Pro Advanced 4.10.0218, with either SCSI or vIDE drive.
                          Mobo:
                          Asus P5W DH Deluxe 975X/ICH7R
                          Images on: 2*WD Caviar 750GB RAID0 array.
                          Currently I'm having to put images onto my 16GB flash drive to mount them.... kinda feeling its a waste of a 5 year license atm :P

Comment

I tell a lie, even copying the files to a USB flash drive doesn't help.
                            Hm, kinda feeling silly for not testing DT with Intel RAID before buying it, as its now pretty useless to me :/

Comment

Same problem here.

Windows XP Pro SP2 (32bit)
                              ASUS P5B Delux (P965/ICH8R)
                              Using DAEMON Tools 4.10, Light or Pro
                              Running from RAID 0 and RAID 1.

Problem occurs only for some images.
                              No problems occur when mounting the image from a network drive tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X