SPTD freezes my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD freezes my computer

I have bought a new system, my motherboard uses nvidia 650i sli chipset, it seems SPTD has serious issues with nvidia drivers. From a clean installation of Windows XP SP2 completely updated i cannot use any version of SPTD without freezing my computer at random times after logging into windows. I have tried all versions of SPTD up to 1.49 beta. Uninstalling SPTD the computer works flawlessly. Why are you guys using this crappy SPTD driver?

Thx

In case you read this one first, see my reply in the Alcohol Soft trial support forum.

SPTD freezes my computer - posted in Alcohol Trial Technical Support: I have bought a new system, my motherboard uses nvidia 650i sli chipset, it seems SPTD has serious issues with nvidia drivers. From a clean installation of Windows XP SP2 completely updated i cannot use any version of SPTD without freezing my computer at random times after logging into windows. I have tried all versions of SPTD up to 1.49 beta. Uninstalling SPTD the computer works flawlessly. Why are you guys using this...

Comment

This is very unfortunate because I first experienced this problem with SPTD 1.5 back in July. Eventually I downgraded to an earlier Daemon Tools version that doesn't require SPTD 1.5. and my random freezes stopped.

Now recently I upgraded to Vista and decided to buy Daemon Tools Pro Advanced. I activated it and it works great in Vista...but I got tired of some of the quirks in Vista, so tried to install it on my XP sp2 install. Bad mistake. Now my XP is freezing again just like last time. I would have thought by now they fixed whatever bugs were in that thing.

Comment

Working...
      X