Clear All

• VIRTUAL SCSI DRIVER NOT DETECTED

Operating System: Windows XP Home SP1
    Burning Software: none
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

Hello,

i am a newbie, so please excuse me in advance. I have following problem:

After installation of Daemon Tools (version 3.41) I got error message VIRTUAL SCSI DRIVER NOT DETECTED. I reboot computer, the problem is same. Should be a problem I haven't physically CDROM drive? In Device manager under SCSI and RAID Controllers/Virtual DAEMON SCSI Controller I found error:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Thank you for your reply in advance

Mikko

VIRTUAL SCSI DRIVER NOT DETECTED

Operating System: Win98SE (all critical updates installed)
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

I have almost the same problem with 98SE. I used to have Nero installed but I uninstalled it and deleted the nerocd95.vxd file. Problem remains.

In fact, when I install Daemon Tools the virtual drive works perfectly, and the SCSI driver appears without problems in the Device Manager. But when I restart Windows I get the aforementioned error message.

For the record, the exact same problem appears with Alcohol 120%'s virtual SCSI driver.

In another system of mine with Windows ME there is no such problem, even though the same version of Nero is installed there.

Comment

Just a note to say that the problem persists with 3.44

Comment

After reboot you see problem only with SCSI controller? All other devices ok (esp. 'PnP BIOS Extension')?

Comment

Yes, everything else is fine.

"PnP BIOS Extension": This device is working properly.

As for the SCSI controller, it's not present at all in Device Manager.

Comment

PROBLEM SOLVED!

It was a registry problem. During some maintenance I booted into command prompt and ran scanreg /fix. When I restarted everything was fine and the SCSI driver was present. So it was certainly registry related, probably some key was not maintained for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
            X