Daemon Tools Pro price and licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Pro price and licence

OK, I had to register at disc-soft to find out the price for Daemon Tools Pro which is 27 USD. That's a nice price but I have two questions:
    1) For how long will I get updates of Daemon Tools Pro? There's no word about it at disc-soft and I don't want to pay 27 USD every year. Seems like a stupid question but for example AnyDVD offers lifetime updates while Alcohol offers free updates only for one year (which means 1 update at most )
    2) I suppose I can't install DT Pro on both of my home computers, can I? I'm only asking because I need it only for my main gaming PC anyway.

Thanks for answers.

EDIT: I don't know how it happened but I posted this in wrong section - I apologize.
    Last edited by doughnut; 25.06.2007, 16:54. Reason: Wrong section
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster"

1 Year

You can install both but you have to revoke license after you have bought DT Pro.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

According to this thread all people who became customers before September 2006 have free life-time updates. If that's true I consider it unfair and I won't buy DT Pro. But I couldn't afford to buy new licence every year anyway...
      "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster"

Comment

Yeah that is true we have free life-time updates. It isn't unfair. DT can change their new license system as they want but can't change old licenses.

Also 27 $ for a year isn't much. Look at Alcohol, they charge 39 $ for Alcohol 120% one year license.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by doughnut View Post
          example AnyDVD offers lifetime updates while Alcohol offers free updates only for one year (which means 1 update at most )

2006-02-26 V1.9.5.3823

2006-06-15 V1.9.5.3823

2006-07-31 V1.9.5.4212

2006-07-31 V1.9.5.4327

2006-09-26 V1.9.5.4521

2006-11-02 V1.9.6.4629

2006-11-20 V1.9.6.4719

Hardly represents 1 "update at most"

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
          Look at Alcohol, they charge 39 $ for Alcohol 120% one year license.
          We also offer life time licences?

Comment

OK, maybe it's not unfair but what is 100% unfair is that there's not a single word about this "updates for only 1 year" at disc-soft site when you're buying DT Pro. I mean no offense but this idea is just sick.

Comment

OK, i agree with you here. License system change was announced here but should also be on shop site.

@phoenix

I know you are offer life-time license.
              Peace Through Power

Comment

No Lifetime licenses a this time.
                Old Customer still have lifetime upgrades, new Customer will only have 1 year for 27$.

Maybe in the future there will be other license types for DT pro !?
                You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
                  2006-02-26 V1.9.5.3823
                  2006-06-15 V1.9.5.3823
                  2006-07-31 V1.9.5.4212
                  2006-07-31 V1.9.5.4327
                  2006-09-26 V1.9.5.4521
                  2006-11-02 V1.9.6.4629
                  2006-11-20 V1.9.6.4719
                  Hardly represents 1 "update at most"
                  I was referring to year 2004 and also to the fact that the last update took them almost 7 months. The year 2006 was simply exception.
                  Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                  OK, i agree with you here. License system change was announced here but should also be on shop site.
                  @phoenix
                  I know you are offer life-time license.
                  I would be willing to pay more for a lifetime license (for example (again) Alcohol is offering this for twice the price). It would be really nice to have a choice. I'll just wait and see if something changes
                  Last edited by doughnut; 25.06.2007, 18:46.

Comment

Originally Posted by doughnut View Post
                    I was referring to year 2004 and also to the fact that the last update took them almost 7 months. The year 2006 was simply exception.
                    Your comment was pointless then, 2004 FFS was three years ago there were 9 updates in 2003 why not quote that.

Comment

You're right, sorry about that, I've got nothing against Alcohol and I'm currently using free Alcohol 52% as my main emulation drive to be honest. I was just disturbed that the last update took so long...
                      I wish DT would offer the same licensing choices as Alcohol

Comment

OK, so if I buy DTPro, then I can get updates for 1 year.
                        But what about the usage? Can I use DTPro for endless time, or I will have to buy another licence to continue using it?

So only the getting of updates are time limited, or the usage too?

Comment

Usage should not change, it will only be updates\upgrades you will not be able to get for free after the first year.

You should still be able to run the last version prior to the year end.

Comment

It seems DT pro need onliane activate,if my computer can not connect with internet,I can not use DP pro ,is it right?

Comment

No internet -> no use of DT Pro after a while.
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                              X