Physical CD and DVD RWs not being recognised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical CD and DVD RWs not being recognised

I have a problem with my CD RW and DVD RW, and i believe its only becmoe apparent after daemon tools were installed.

the problem im havin is, when ive booted up my system, i have to open and eject the dvd drive for the system to pick it up. the cd device i aint too bothered about but would like for both of them to be picked up when the computer loads.

neither devices are picked up in my computer..

any1 able to help me out?

thanks in advance

Have you already tried installing SPTD v1.50 (or is that one already installed ... at least the one from disc-tools.com only includes SPTD v1.43)...
    SPTD v1.50 installer can be downloaded from here:

Comment

hey mate... supposedly i had 1.43 installed.. ive updated to 1.5

should this fix the prob?

Comment

Have you turned all emulation options ON? If you did, uncheck Hide CD-R, that should solve your problem

Comment

all the emulations were off... but i didnt see a cd-r off option :/

ive rebooted the system and i can see my devices... jus a matter of time to see if the problem persists.

thanks for your help ppl

Comment

Well, Hide CD-R is an DT Pro option not available on free Daemon Tools
            We are the Borg.Resistance is futile!

Comment

aahh i see...

jus thought id give an update... my devices have done a runner again :/

Comment

Hi all,

i have the same problem. i have dt pro (sptd 1.50) installed and dt pro ist able to recognise my physical drives (CD and DVD burner, both SATA). All other Progs. are able to use them.

thx for help.

Regards
                Kester

Comment

Originally Posted by kmielke View Post
                  Hi all,
                  i have the same problem. i have dt pro (sptd 1.50) installed and dt pro ist able to recognise my physical drives (CD and DVD burner, both SATA). All other Progs. are able to use them.
                  thx for help.
                  Regards
                  Kester
                  I have exactly the same problem. I am running Vista x86.

Comment

i switched to vista ultimate. this fixed the problem for me. but i use the default drivers installed by windows. i didn't install the drivers from DELL.

Regards
                    Kester

Comment

Working...
                    X