problem with Starforce v3.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with Starforce v3.3

I've been unable to play an image of my Gangland game which uses Starforce Pro v3.3 with a disc key on CD.
    I made the image after removal of existing starforce drivers.
    Should/Can DT be able to these older starforce protected games??

using DT Pro v4.10.0215 Adware

I have had success recently with starforce keyless on cd/dvd - http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=16591

thanks.

Please have a look at e.g. this thread.

For such an old version (3.3) SFNightmare is capable of disabling your optical IDE drives

DON'T play around with SFNightmare ! Better ask when you're not sure what to do !
    No matter which option you choose to disable drive(s), always choose the opposite option after you've played, for example:

- Mount image
    - Disable CD with SFN
    - Play
    - Enable CD with SFN
    Last edited by Terramex; 30.06.2007, 11:49.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Terramex. Unfortunately it didn't work

I don't have a nf4 mainboard, ALi chipset.

I'm hoping that vIDE feature will solve this problem. Can any beta testers confirm this??

Comment

Originally Posted by professorx View Post
        Unfortunately it didn't work
        But SFNightmare will for versions prior SF 3.4.65.09
        If you're interested but not sure what to do just post how your optical IDE drives are connected (e.g. look in Nero Info Tool -> Configuration)
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I have one drive connected as secondary master IDE - SONY DVD RW AW-G170A
          Two WD SATA hard drives - one allocated primary master IDE, the other "unknown" 'cos it uses a JMicron driver (bootable).
          How do I confirm that SFNightmare is doing it's job?
          I've tried using sfcure as well without success.

Comment

I've been unable to play an image of my Gangland game which uses Starforce Pro v3.3 with a disc key on CD.
            english version of the game ?
            update the MDS file here and i'll tell you if it's good.
            also what's the starforce error ? (should be some numbers)

Comment

The only way I could get starforce to check the disc was to disconnect the physical drive. Before that I was getting "no disc found" immediately.

On checking the disc (image) it reported Disc Key Error. Looks like the image I made using DT wasn't good enough
              I used high DPM @ 4x
              Remember that DT works fine with starforce on dvd but I've never got starforce on cd to work.

Where do I upload the mds file to (I don't have permissions for attachments) ?

Comment

ok, at the risk of getting told off, I got hold of the mini image which did work. Comparing the mds profiles I see the mini image one is smoother compared to my "noisy" one. Mine hasn't got any spikes I must say.

BTW I can do perfect images of discs with Securom.

should I try non-starforce reading profiles??
                Last edited by professorx; 01.07.2007, 20:46.

Comment

Where do I upload the mds file to (I don't have permissions for attachments) ?
                  on this board ? are you sure ? why not ? (attach it using the paperclip icon - go to advanced)
                  what language is your version of gangland?

so what works for you now ? do you now have a good mds ?

Comment

more progress...
                    Gangland is English/UK version (unpatched at the moment).
                    I made an image with Alcohol (starforce profile) which passes cd check.
                    This makes me think that the DT settings for starforce image creation may need some attention (for CDs at least).

Alcohol file sizes:
                    GANGLAND.mdf 685,935KB
                    GANGLAND.mds 3KB (same size as mini image version)

DT Pro file sizes (no compression):
                    GANGLAND.mdf 597,276KB
                    GANGLAND.mds 24KB

Theres still the problem of having to disconnect the physical drive.
                    Fingers crossed for next version...

ps can't see any paperclip!

Comment

are you telling me that if you click on ADVANCED on this boards post module (don't use the fast reply one) you don't have a paperclip picture next to a smily face and and arrow ???

so, once you figure it out, please post both mds's ...the dt pro and the good one , i'd like to examine them both, thanks,
                      if not i'll give you my email address....

Comment

@mods
                        please explain why I don't seem to have permissions to upload an attachment??

Comment

@mods
                          also, please move this thread back to bugs section as I belive there is a genuine problem with making image using starforce profile.

Comment

@ß
                            I think non-customer's don't have the ability to post attachments.

Comment

Thanks Jito463.
                              There is no mention of attachments in the DT vBulletin FAQ - "Why should I register?"; only that attachments *may* be allowed by the administrator.
                              Last edited by professorx; 02.07.2007, 08:39.

Comment

Working...
                              X