DT will not run - DTPROHLP.DLL not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT will not run - DTPROHLP.DLL not found

I installed DT Pro 4.10.0215 free version, but it will not run; I keep getting an error that says "This application has failed to start because DTPROHLP.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Re-installing does not fix anything.

I re-installed v.4.09HE, and it runs perfect as usual.

Can anybody help? This is extremely frustrating. Thank you.

Re-download the trial version, ensure the file is named DTPro4100215Free.exe.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
      Re-download the trial version, ensure the file is named DTPro4100215Free.exe.
      ...did that. At the end of install, box is checked to run DTPro; when I hit 'okay', box disappears, and that's all she wrote. When I click on the desktop or Start menu icon, I get the DTProHlp.dll error.

I've installed/uninstalled this thing probably 6-7 times in different ways to different locations; she does doesn't wanna run.

Am I supposed to be installing the DT Pro Agent? Maybe I shouldn't be? Thank you.

Comment

For me, it happened when I upgraded McAfee Security Suite. The latest version of McAfee will automatically remove any files it thinks have a virus (it ruined 3 other programs as well, wasting my otherwise well-spent money). McAfee no longer allows users to "ignore" files they know are okay. I bought a three-user license, but I refuse to install McAfee on my laptop now, knowing what it does.

Comment

Working...
        X