Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a mini image from any cd?

Hello all,

Is there any way to make a mini-image, in any format compatible with Daemon, for any type of disc? i.e. store the TOC and any 'bad' sectors, but don't actually store any data that is irrelevant to running the game? My images directory is getting massive and all I really use it for getting a few obscure and hard to crack games working without breaking all my cds. I think it's obvious from the fact that I must own the disc to create an image that I do in fact own these games and aren't trying to pirate them.

It's not possible for any type of disc.

For Safedisc versions before v4.5 (CD+DVD) it's only important that the weak sectors are present in the image; so just start image creation with Alcohol and cancel it immediately, but don't let Alcohol delete the so far read image.

SecuROM CD: data of first 16 sectors has to be present, but it has to be a so called Maxi Image (LINK).
    SecuROM DVD: data of first 16 sectors has to be present; have a look at this thread

Safedisc since v 4.5 and most titles from Securom 7.27 to 7.31 do use a ISO check which makes it impossible to start a game with a simple Mini image; do a forum search to find out more.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I have a similar question.

I understand the basic idea of the mini-image for Safedisc and Secorum.

I have some older games that I don't think are copy-protected at all, but are set to run off the CD rather than copying the game to the HD and then just verifying that the CD is installed.

DT works great with an image of them, but at least one of them has five games on the CD and I was wondering if there was a way to use a smaller image with only the files the game needs.

TIA if anyone has tried this and knows if it works!!!

Comment

Working...
      X