• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: KOTOR, nasty error!

Operating System: Windows XP SP1
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: AGV 7.0
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

I've just received my retail version, which spans 4 CD's!

I have created the images with BlindWrite 5.0.2 as the game used SecuRom protection. The image creation and topology extraction went successfully, creating the 4 CD images without any issue. I could install the game from said images, but when I play the game the following happens:

:arrow: I mount the game and the auto launcher appears.
    :arrow: I click the play button on the auto launcher. At this stage the launcher disappears and the splash screen of the space ship appears.
    :arrow: The icon changes into the spinning CD, which is normal for SecuRom.
    :arrow: There is a burst of disk activity for a few moments.
    :arrow: The splash screen disappears and I am dropped back to the desktop. Nothing HAPPENS!!

If I try to unmount the image I get an error message stating that the drive is locked. I have to reboot my machine to unmount the game.

Hummm. Looks like just another game, in a long line of so-to-be-released titles that don't run with Daemon Tools. Great! :roll:

Well, at least I could get a No-CD .exe from game copy world, but I'd rather play with the virtual images so I can take advantage of any patches that are released.

I'll guess I'll wait for the next version of D-Tools, and see if that works. Looks like another black-list issue with the new SecuRom.

IT just gets worse, and worse.

Well apart from the anal fun I'm having with Star Wars: KOTOR I'm also having this problem with the following new games:

Deus Ex: Invisible War v1.0
    NwN: Hordes of the Underdark v1.0

As you can guess this software ALSO uses the new version of SecuRom. Looks like I'll have to go back to the bad old days of using No-CD .exe's, just so I can play my retail games, without the fear or damaging/losing the CD.

In short, the bumper crop of games for Christmas 2003, is going to give all of us a SecuRom hangover. ARGH! :evil:

Comment

Re: Star Wars: KOTOR, nasty error!

Originally Posted by Ripperjack
      Well, at least I could get a No-CD .exe from game copy world, but I'd rather play with the virtual images so I can take advantage of any patches that are released.
      Update on Star Wars: KOTOR...

Guess what I saw over on Blues News.... yup that's it! The new 1.01 patch for SW: KOTOR, and guess what?... I can't use it as I'm stuck using a 1.00 NO-CD .exe, since I can't play for a virtual image. Typical! :roll:

I'd better stop here, I'm getting a sarcasm overload. :mrgreen:

Comment

... and worse.

Hummm.

Just got my retail copy of the game Terminator: War of the Machines, and as you can guess it's going on my "can't run from a virtual image, as it's using SecuRom New/5" list.

What a time for Sony to update SecuRom. F ing Sony!!

Comment

Working...
        X