SecuROM v5 finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SecuROM v5 finished

Just read this over at CD Media World. Daemon Tools is annoying "the powers that be" heh. Wonder how long till the new method is defeated...

Sony DADC has just finished their development on SecuROM v5 which will have a protection against emulation software:
    Today our development team will release version 5.00.01 of the SecuROM. encryption software. The main upgrade is a new protection shield against virtual drive emulation. As you are probably aware, emulators are useful tools for making back-up copies of legally purchased original discs. Nevertheless, they can also be used to illegally use your software by emulating a disc copy or a virtual drive.
    With this new version, SecuROM stays ahead of the competition with a brand new anti-emulator shield that defeats emulation software such as: Alcohol 120%, BlindWrite, Daemon Tools, ******** & CloneCD.

Another new feature is the addition of two new error message types that appear if SecuROM detects that your application has been started without your original disc. These messages are:

"Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected."
    "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup."
    The default wording of "Wrong Disc inserted" has been changed to: "Wrong Disc inserted. Please insert the original disc into your CD/DVD drive."

It been beaten as of today. I know with the new update for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, it now says Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected. See www.securom.com/emulation for more details. It kinda sucks as it one of the few things that makes the actual game actually run stable. I should demand back my money but they wouldn't give it.

Comment

Just stay tuned, it'll work again soon :mrgreen:
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I can't wait :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally Posted by Limeyfellow
          It been beaten as of today. I know with the new update for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, it now says Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected. See www.securom.com/emulation for more details. It kinda sucks as it one of the few things that makes the actual game actually run stable. I should demand back my money but they wouldn't give it.
          Warcraft 3 patch 1.13 (released today) also uses Securom v5.x.

Comment

Just tested it! Working fine with beta, so stay tuned :mrgreen:

Comment

Ye gods you guys are quick! It appears the average time to break a new security method is best measured in days...

Off topic: I'd like to recommend people go out and buy Star Wars:Knights of the Republic. I haven't had this much fun with a RPG in a long time... And since you can play as a Light or Dark character with two separate endings, you get a lot of replayability.

Comment

Is the Securom 5.0 "bug fix" almost ready for release? I can't wait to try it out on war3x; as someone already pointed out the latest 1.13 does indeed use 5.0. I got the same error msg when trying to run it :P

Comment

Dtools update should be out before the end of the year.

Comment

is it possible to get a beta version of the next D-tools version ?

Comment

For WC3, I found an easy fix.
                      Turn off all emulation with dtools, then mount the WC3 CD, even for Frozen Throne, if you use the normal Warcraft CD there's no problems, at least for me. I bet it needs a CD released with a newer securerom than whatever was on the original Warcraft.
                      Just to be redundant: If you try mounting the Frozen Throne CD it won't work.
                      For Starwars I have no idea, I dont have that game.

Comment

Hey guys

Firstly I want to congratulate you on the GREAT work you do , it really is amazing what you guys do and theres probably MANY people like me who appreciate it.

Secondly is about Securom 5 , since X2 and other titles have been released I've been unable to run anything whatsoever because of it , even uninstalling ALL virtual tools/emulation still I get the error message saying about emulation , I guess it doesnt like my burner or some bizzare thing but what im wondering is if you guys are planning on making some kind of emulation , I read the link to the battlenet forums posted somewhere here and read about how it creates a virtual drive of its own (hope thats true anyway) , so you guys gonna be able to stop me using original cd's to play games that have securom5 or what? I seriously doubt you'll fail the world as you never have yet

Keep up the great work guys.

Comment

Wheres the fix?

Comment

Working...
                          X