RavenShield V.1.5 Blacklisted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RavenShield V.1.5 Blacklisted?

With the new version of RVS you can't start the game with mounted CD. Both Daemon and Alcohol in their latest versions don't work.

Will this be fixed in next Daemon Release?

Of course it will. Everything that CAN be done WILL be done.
    Trust us and give us some time.

Comment

Someone from cdfreaks posted a registry log and they seem to check mounted image. So of course this can be easily fixed.

Comment

On this topic I found this article...

It appears that UbiSoft are going full, ultra-tight, anal mode!! :roll:

So this not only does appears to be a black list against Daemon Tools, but a blanket ban against ALL virtual drives. :shock:

At least Raven Shield will serve as an excellent test, as to whether or not the new version of D-Tools is up to scratch or not.

Comment

I find the worst part of all this, is the reasoning sony/macrovision gives:

ERROR: Conflict with Emulator Software detected.

A conflict with an Emulator Software was detected. These programs contain features which can affect the communication between a software application and the CD/DVD-ROM drive. This can keep the application from starting, even if you have an original disc in your CD/DVD-ROM drive

To properly start this application, please deactivate any virtual drive or emulation software that is installed on your computer, then re-try the software launch.

For more information, please contact support@securom.com.
          They imply that dtools/alc/etc... are poor quality apps that screw up the games. They mention piracy prevention nowhere, which is the real reason for this "conflict".

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
            I find the worst part of all this, is the reasoning sony/macrovision gives:

They imply that dtools/alc/etc... are poor quality apps that screw up the games. They mention piracy prevention nowhere, which is the real reason for this "conflict".
            True enough Andareed, but if they stated that it was to prevent making a copy of software that you purchased, it could impact "fair use" backups. It would be hard to word something that wouldn't be struck down by an appellate court.

Comment

Daemon Tools V3.43.
              Fixed the blacklist problem for me with RvS.
              I do not need my original cd in any more.
              THX Guys and Gals at Daemon Tools.

Comment

Working...
              X