PDA

View Full Version : help! my dvds could not be loaded!

coolewong
17.07.2007, 19:17
After usin the newest version Y.A.S.U, i found that i couldn't load dvd anymore.The device is detected but it can't run any dvd/cd. In the devices manger, there is no questionmark beside it. I deleted the uppershuffer and lowershuffer in the regedit and i followed wt microsoft taught us to do.What can i do to solve the problem?
thank u for ur help and sorry for my bad english.

coolewong
18.07.2007, 17:30
no one understands me or no one knows how to solve this?

coolewong
19.07.2007, 17:25
any possible reasons and methods?

ghost_zero
19.07.2007, 20:10
Don't you mean upperfilters?
no questionmark ... or there is a questionmark ?

You maybe could try removing your IDE-Controllers and reboot Windows...

coolewong
20.07.2007, 05:51
Don't you mean upperfilters?
no questionmark ... or there is a questionmark ?
You maybe could try removing your IDE-Controllers and reboot Windows...
no questionmark
but can't load dvds/cds
the dvds/cds will run inside the reader, but nothing happen as if there is no dvd/cd
how to remove ide-controllers?

coolewong
24.07.2007, 03:01
any help?i dunno wt to do now

sYk0
24.07.2007, 11:56
are you cd/dvd-roms visible in windows explorer and/or device manager?

coolewong
24.07.2007, 14:31
are you cd/dvd-roms visible in windows explorer and/or device manager?
yes
visible

KoRn
24.07.2007, 21:23
the dvds/cds will run inside the reader
Which reader do you
actually mean?

how to remove ide-controllers?
Via Device manager.
Are named "IDE ATA/ATAPI-Controller"
(in Vista german).

coolewong
25.07.2007, 02:13
Which reader do you
actually mean?
Via Device manager.
(in Vista german).
reader= dvd reader
there are "VIA Bus Master IDE contoller", primary IDE channel, secondary etc.
wt should i do to them?
(i m chinese actually)

coolewong
25.07.2007, 02:16
Which reader do you
actually mean?
Via Device manager.
(in Vista german).
reader i mean drive

coolewong
28.07.2007, 04:18
please help me....

KoRn
28.07.2007, 14:10
http://www.abload.de/thumb/snapkoq.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=snapkoq.jpg)
This is the mentioned controller.
You can find the controller by
comparing the icons.

coolewong
28.07.2007, 16:44
http://www.abload.de/thumb/snapkoq.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=snapkoq.jpg)
This is the mentioned controller.
You can find the controller by
comparing the icons.i've
VIA Bus Master IDE controller
primary IDE controller *2
secondary IDE controller *2
then i dunno how to translate the last one... it's something like:
standard double channel PCI IDE controller
wt should i do to them?

A.Hecka
28.07.2007, 16:51
Maybe he just switched autorun/change detection off? Donґt know how these two feature are called in english os-builds... Should be Autorun and...?

coolewong
28.07.2007, 17:02
Maybe he just switched autorun/change detection off? Donґt know how these two feature are called in english os-builds... Should be Autorun and...?
dun rly understand wt u r talkin abt, but anyway, wt should i do to switch between autorun/change detection off?

KoRn
28.07.2007, 19:13
BTW: Which OS do you have?

Maybe only autorun is disabled.
Copy the following text into a
textfile and then save this file as
a .reg file and execute it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdrom]
"AutoRun"=dword:0000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"allocatecdroms"="0"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:00000095

coolewong
29.07.2007, 03:13
BTW: Which OS do you have?
Maybe only autorun is disabled.
Copy the following text into a
textfile and then save this file as
a .reg file and execute it.
i am using windows xp service pack 2
nothing happened after copying the text
the dvd-rom rotates inside the drive, but i just cant play it

coolewong
29.07.2007, 03:14
when i double click on the icon of the drive, it asks me to insert a cd/dvd

KoRn
29.07.2007, 22:53
Mybe a stupid question: But
did you also execute the reg file? ;)

coolewong
30.07.2007, 17:18
Mybe a stupid question: But
did you also execute the reg file? ;)sure i did

KoRn
30.07.2007, 22:26
You should then try
TweakUI (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx) to enable
the autorun feature.

coolewong
31.07.2007, 05:55
You should then try
TweakUI (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx) to enable
the autorun feature.
do u mean autoplay
i've ticked all but nothin happened.
i dun rly thk it's abt autoplay or not. the dvd drive can't even sense i've put a dvd-rom into it!

KoRn
31.07.2007, 13:25
Hm, then the problem
might be even worse.

Let me think about it...

sYk0
31.07.2007, 13:38
This is truly an odd problem...
Lets hope we can sort it out for you...

Is your O/S (operating system) on IDE or SCSI/SATA drives?

coolewong
31.07.2007, 15:08
This is truly an odd problem...
Lets hope we can sort it out for you...
Is your O/S (operating system) on IDE or SCSI/SATA drives?
how can i noe that...? i m not too sure
there r primary IDE channels and secondary Ide channels... so i thk on IDE?

coolewong
02.08.2007, 05:15
plz help me

sYk0
02.08.2007, 13:56
Ok, try uninstalling Daemon-Tools and/or Alcohol 120%/52%...
Then you must also uninstall the SPTD driver, for info on how to do this check here (http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/faq)
reboot your pc... is your drive still giving problems?

coolewong
02.08.2007, 17:46
Ok, try uninstalling Daemon-Tools and/or Alcohol 120%/52%...
Then you must also uninstall the SPTD driver, for info on how to do this check here (http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/faq)
reboot your pc... is your drive still giving problems?
it can't help...
would it be my drive's problem!? but it can't work immediately after usin YASU...

coolewong
07.08.2007, 05:39
help=(i can't do anything wifout it

coolewong
15.08.2007, 12:35
....solution?

KoRn
16.08.2007, 05:02
I'm very sorry
but I don't have any
new ideas at the
moment.

Maybe another user
can help you out.

coolewong
16.08.2007, 11:42
I'm very sorry
but I don't have any
new ideas at the
moment.
Maybe another user
can help you out.
thx for ur help
maybe it is the problem of my hardware..?
is there anyway to check is it my hardware's problem?

Count
18.08.2007, 15:41
it's not your hardware, it's a windows problem caused by YASU, i've encountered an almost identical problem and am yet to solve it (but the drives work perfectly fine under knoppix which is why i know it's not a hardware issue).

Am i correct in assuming any blank discs give you the size "0 bytes" and your burner software does recognize the drives?

coolewong
19.08.2007, 03:18
it's not your hardware, it's a windows problem caused by YASU, i've encountered an almost identical problem and am yet to solve it (but the drives work perfectly fine under knoppix which is why i know it's not a hardware issue).
Am i correct in assuming any blank discs give you the size "0 bytes" and your burner software does recognize the drives?
the burner software recognizes the dirves... but i m not sure will blank discs give me the 0 bytes size, because when i double click the drive, it asks me to inset a disc...

Jito463
20.08.2007, 00:21
See my post here:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?p=90831#post90831

coolewong
20.08.2007, 05:45
See my post here:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?p=90831#post90831
my case is different - my drive can't even detect the blank disc i put into it. when i double click on the drive, the message" please insert a dise" is shown instead.

MaLing
20.08.2007, 06:20
maybe it is the problem of my hardware..?
is there anyway to check is it my hardware's problem?
A simple way is to use a diskette to run DOS with a DVD drive driver, and try to read a DVD.

What is your DVD drive? You may go to its web site to get the driver, or alternatively you may go to Asustek's site, enter the download page, look for an old CD drive and get the driver.

By the way, have you tried updating the VIA Hyperion Pro driver?

Jito463
20.08.2007, 13:31
my case is different - my drive can't even detect the blank disc i put into it. when i double click on the drive, the message" please insert a dise" is shown instead.
If it wasn't able to read anything from the disc, and it couldn't detect that the disc was writable, that message could still come up.

MaLing
21.08.2007, 05:26
Please try to switch off the Windows CD/DVD recording function. (In Windows Explorer, right-click on the drive, select properties and the right page, and untick the appropriate option.) (My Windows is Chinese, so I am not sure about the terms in English.)

coolewong
21.08.2007, 08:20
Please try to switch off the Windows CD/DVD recording function. (In Windows Explorer, right-click on the drive, select properties and the right page, and untick the appropriate option.) (My Windows is Chinese, so I am not sure about the terms in English.)
i dun rly get wwt r u talkin abt... i m usin chinese windows too. plz feel free to use chinese for those terms

boyumeow
21.08.2007, 10:12
One way to check whether ur dvd drive is working, remove it and fixed it up in another computer (from ur friends). If its work perfectly then its something wrong with ur computer setting, if not then ur dvd drive is spoilt. Hope this helps.

boyumeow
21.08.2007, 10:34
One way is to remove ur dvd drive and fix it up in another computer(from friends) to check whether ur dvd drive still functioning. If its not then ur dvd drive is spoilt, or else its ur computer setting.

MaLing
21.08.2007, 16:30
i dun rly get wwt r u talkin abt... i m usin chinese windows too. plz feel free to use chinese for those terms
開啟「檔案總管」,假設你的燒錄機代號是D,在D上按滑鼠右鍵,選「內容」,再選「燒錄」那一頁,取消「啟 用燒錄功能」。
Translation:
Open Windows Explorer, suppose your writer is D:, right-click on D:, choose Properties, then choose Record page, cancel Switch On Recording Function.

coolewong
22.08.2007, 04:09
開啟「檔案總管」,假設你的燒錄機代號是D,在D上按滑鼠右鍵,選「內容」,再選「燒錄」那一頁,取消「啟 用燒錄功能」。
Translation:
Open Windows Explorer, suppose your writer is D:, right-click on D:, choose Properties, then choose Record page, cancel Switch On Recording Function.
woah.. how come i can't find the record page...

MaLing
22.08.2007, 06:16
This page is available for only writers but not readers.

coolewong
27.08.2007, 04:57
This page is available for only writers but not readers.
sorry but i can't sue the method u asked me to try... so would there be another method of testing either my hardware of software's problem?

MaLing
27.08.2007, 05:46
Have you tried what I suggested:

Boot from a DOS diskette with an optical disc drive driver?

Boyumeow also suggested moving the drive to another computer to test, though it seems a bit troublesome.

coolewong
27.08.2007, 16:07
Have you tried what I suggested:
Boot from a DOS diskette with an optical disc drive driver?
Boyumeow also suggested moving the drive to another computer to test, though it seems a bit troublesome.
my pc dun hv a diskette reader...lol
the second method is rly troublesome.... would there be a 3rd method?

MaLing
28.08.2007, 05:23
Booting from a USB drive or USB memory stick is possible as well, although I have never tried it.

You need to adjust the relevant settings in BIOS.

Count
28.08.2007, 09:35
Can we please not beat around the bush? He has the exact same symptoms as i have and i've established that it's not the ROM drives that are sick, can we assume this in this matter and get to fixing whatever broke in CDROM.sys?

coolewong
28.08.2007, 12:38
Can we please not beat around the bush? He has the exact same symptoms as i have and i've established that it's not the ROM drives that are sick, can we assume this in this matter and get to fixing whatever broke in CDROM.sys?
did u get ur drive fixed then?

Count
29.08.2007, 02:04
Sort of.

I got the burners to recognize legitimate discs again, but i still couldnt get it to read any blank discs.

I got sick of trying to fix what YASU broke and just reinstalled windows, the burners worked fine after that. Although i tried a repair install first and that solved the problem too. I only reinstalled windows because repair installs always leave the system unstable.

coolewong
29.08.2007, 15:02
Sort of.
I got the burners to recognize legitimate discs again, but i still couldnt get it to read any blank discs.
I got sick of trying to fix what YASU broke and just reinstalled windows, the burners worked fine after that. Although i tried a repair install first and that solved the problem too. I only reinstalled windows because repair installs always leave the system unstable.
wt did u do?

Reef
29.08.2007, 15:28
It's easy to blame a piece of software when something gets broken, when after a format and fresh install everything works fine.
It is a proven fact that to keep your PC running smooth, you will need to perform a format and complete re-install on a regular basis (at least once a year), especially if you're a gamer and install/uninstall games and other programs quite often.

coolewong
29.08.2007, 16:46
It's easy to blame a piece of software when something gets broken, when after a format and fresh install everything works fine.
It is a proven fact that to keep your PC running smooth, you will need to perform a format and complete re-install on a regular basis (at least once a year), especially if you're a gamer and install/uninstall games and other programs quite often.
urgh... but there must be a way to solve it rite?
and should i install yasu after my reformat..? that's a question

Jito463
29.08.2007, 18:29
If you want to confirm it's the problem, yes. Just make an image of your HDD first before you do, then if it doesn't work afterwards, restore the image back onto your computer.

Count
30.08.2007, 10:41

Ahhh, but it's also easy and correct to blame software when you've removed all other causes and the build of Windows you were running was less then a week old and functioning normally _right_ up to the point where the software was installed.

coolwong: I uninstalled YASU and Nero, the IDE controllers and the DVD rom drives in "system" then i reinstalled Nero and rebooted. That got already burnt discs working again in the drives, but any blank disc would still say "insert disc" or "incorrect function"

coolewong
30.08.2007, 11:56
If you want to confirm it's the problem, yes. Just make an image of your HDD first before you do, then if it doesn't work afterwards, restore the image back onto your computer.
how can i make an image of my HDD wifout a burner...
and is there any method to solve this? is this a bug?

Kinlaadare
30.08.2007, 16:50
Put it on a usb HDD, or on a network share...

Count
30.08.2007, 22:53
how can i make an image of my HDD wifout a burner...
and is there any method to solve this? is this a bug?

Get Knoppix linux from here: http://www.knoppix.org/

It's very easy to use and is just a GUI interface like windows, boot it up, put in the default username and password written on the site and stick a disc in your drive. If the CD tools or DVD player pop up, or you can use the linux equivilant of my computer to browse to your CD rom, then it's a software problem with windows.

Trust me, you dont need to be good at linux to use this, it's pretty much windows already and your rom drives should (i cannot be 100% certain cause i'm not in front of your PC) work outside of windows.

Make sure you turn your CD roms to boot first in your BIOS.

Count
30.08.2007, 22:59
I'd also like to point out that Knoppix will NOT affect your hard drive or your data in any way, it boots completely off CD and does not install anything at all unless you save files to your hard drive while in Knoppix (which will be readable in Windows).

coolewong
31.08.2007, 06:54
there must be a way to solve this...rite?

coolewong
31.08.2007, 06:54
i mean, except reinstalling the windows.

Count
01.09.2007, 01:53
In your case, if we can prove your ROM drives work, then it gives the YASU guys an idea of where their software broke your system and can start to diagnose it better.

With Tech support, there is a ladder that has to be followed for troubleshooting that we need to deal with:

1. Check the basics (connections, power on, passwords, etc)
2. Check the Hardware (Is it working)
3. Check the Software

We're at step 2 and they cant start playing with the software unless they know for sure that your hardware is fine. That's why i suggested you run knoppix linux to see if your roms are working.

coolewong
03.09.2007, 12:20
In your case, if we can prove your ROM drives work, then it gives the YASU guys an idea of where their software broke your system and can start to diagnose it better.
With Tech support, there is a ladder that has to be followed for troubleshooting that we need to deal with:
1. Check the basics (connections, power on, passwords, etc)
2. Check the Hardware (Is it working)
3. Check the Software
We're at step 2 and they cant start playing with the software unless they know for sure that your hardware is fine. That's why i suggested you run knoppix linux to see if your roms are working.
i dun think there would be a problem for the hardware... so let's go to the 3rd stage

coolewong
10.09.2007, 15:16
please help me

coolewong
16.09.2007, 04:50
Get Knoppix linux from here: http://www.knoppix.org/
It's very easy to use and is just a GUI interface like windows, boot it up, put in the default username and password written on the site and stick a disc in your drive. If the CD tools or DVD player pop up, or you can use the linux equivilant of my computer to browse to your CD rom, then it's a software problem with windows.
Trust me, you dont need to be good at linux to use this, it's pretty much windows already and your rom drives should (i cannot be 100% certain cause i'm not in front of your PC) work outside of windows.
Make sure you turn your CD roms to boot first in your BIOS.
sorry... but how can i boot ? i can't burn it to my cd/dvd rom

Count
19.09.2007, 05:32
You'll need to burn a copy of the disc. If you have a laptop or a friend's PC you can use, that is the only way you can get Knoppix to boot.

coolewong
21.09.2007, 16:46
You'll need to burn a copy of the disc. If you have a laptop or a friend's PC you can use, that is the only way you can get Knoppix to boot.
ok.. now suppose i get a knoppix to boot
so wt's the point? can this help me fixing my window?
this can prove it's not my hardware's problem... but it can't solve the problem!

coolewong
26.09.2007, 09:33
any one can help me?

coolewong
28.09.2007, 17:25
rly no way...? do i hv to reinstall the xp?
how can i reisntall a xp then.. it can't read a disc

Reef
28.09.2007, 19:11
Have you tried booting from your Windows CD? If that don't even work, then your drive is broken (which also means that YASU is not the problem).