pc will not boot properly after daemon install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc will not boot properly after daemon install

Hi,I have looked in other threads (and searched the forums), but I couldn't find any problems with exactly the same symptoms as mine.
    I have been running Vista home premium perfectly on my new computer for a few weeks now, and last night decided to install daemon tools, a program which I have been using on my old computer for 2 years.
    I'M NOT SURE EXACTLY WHICH VERSION I HAVE INSTALLED because I have the latest version setup but also v3.47 setup in the same folder (it was one of these). Everything went fine until, installing some sort of driver for dt (which windows warned me about), my system crashed straight to a BSOD error message. which says this: ***STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x81c90762, 0x94be7a68, 0x94be7764)I restarted the computer manually, and it went fine until about 10 or 20 secs after I had logged in (I could see my desktop), then straight away crashed to the blue screen again. Before it crashes , In the bottom right hand corner of the screen, windows has a pop up message informing me that a driver has just been installed or something. Another interesting thing is that the computer also crashes to a blue screen if I do not log in, but stay on the home edition welcome screen.
    After seeking some help, I tried using safe mode, but that also crashes to a blue screen. The last file it loads is crcdisk.sys, then the mouse appears on a black background before it crashes again, without even a blue screen.
    I need some help, I don't know much about how all this stuff works. A few sources I have found told me to delete spdt.sys, but I am unsure of how to go about this and do not want to accidentally wipe my hard drive. Hope this makes sense, if anyone knows how to fix the problem help would be gladly appreciated.
    I am using an AMD AM2 x2 6000+cpu and 2gigs ram

Sounds like you installed v3.47 which is NOT Vista compatible. You could try booting from your Vista disc (assuming you have a disc and it wasn't simply preloaded on the computer), and choose the repair option. Or go to the Recovery Console and try to delete the driver files for DT (I can't recall the name of the drivers for 3.47, but I'm sure someone knows them and can help you).

Comment

For manual removal procedure of v3.47 check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thanks for all the help. I began to follow your advice then realised that my vista dvd allowed me to use system restore in the system recovery menu, so I just restored to the last point before installing daemon tools. This fixed the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X