Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sum 1 told me i can play pc games without disks on daemon tools? how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sum 1 told me i can play pc games without disks on daemon tools? how?

how do i play games without da disks on Daemon tools? some one said that i could. i am compl=eteley lost please help me?!?!

You need Daemon Tools Pro or Alcohol 52%/120% to create the images. You need your original discs to make the images with. You need to know the copy protection used. And finally you need to choose the appropriate datatype in Alcohol or DT Pro to create a working image.

Those are the generalizations. If you need specific help, we're going to need more info, like the name of the game you want to backup, what copy protection it uses, etc.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
      You need Daemon Tools Pro or Alcohol 52%/120% to create the images. You need your original discs to make the images with. You need to know the copy protection used. And finally you need to choose the appropriate datatype in Alcohol or DT Pro to create a working image.
      Those are the generalizations. If you need specific help, we're going to need more info, like the name of the game you want to backup, what copy protection it uses, etc.
      I just backed up a copy of Halo Combat Evolved. I found out it uses SD from the Game Database but it took me awhile to figure out to use a .ccd format to get it too work. Are there certain copyright protections that only work with certain file types? If so what are they? And is there a protection scanner that will tell me the protection type and the file format to use when making the image? I'm very new to this so sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

Comment

The safest bet is to use MDS/MDF. Different formats can store certain copy protections, but MDS is the best format to use, as it can store all the various copy protection information.

Comment

Thanks that helps a lot!

Comment

Working...
          X