Ummm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummm

I know this is a really bad question and there is probably another thread about this or a help topic but, how do I mount a game? I have the CD and everything just I play other games and I sometimes lose the disc. Help or a referral to another topic please?

Thanks, ~JGrey

After installing Daemon Tools, you have a red/silver Daemon Tools icon in your system tray (the area right beside the clock in the lower right corner of your screen). If you left-click it, you will find a menu containing everything you can do with Daemon Tools.

To mount an image, go to Virtual CD/DVD ROM, select the uppermost entry (that's your default virtual drive, you can add another 3 if you want) and go to Mount Image. Select the image you want to mount, that's it!
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

What do you mean mount an "Image"?

Comment

Have a look at the DT help website

Comment

I think I'm retarded, and I don't really know what all that means.. I want to mount a game, but you guys say mount an image?

Comment

Originally Posted by JGrey View Post
            I think I'm retarded, and I don't really know what all that means.. I want to mount a game, but you guys say mount an image?
            You have to create an Image of your game. You can use Alcohol or DT Pro to create the image.

Comment

Ohh ok, where do I get those program(s)?

Comment

Alcohol
                Alcohol is CD / DVD burning copying backup recording duplication emulation and creation software.

DT Pro

Comment

Ok, I downloaded alcohol 120 but now how do I make an image of the game?

Comment

Nevermind, I made an image of the game but now when I double click it(The icon of the game, without the disc in) it says please insert disc instead of backup.

Comment

Originally Posted by JGrey View Post
                      Nevermind, I made an image of the game but now when I double click it(The icon of the game, without the disc in) it says please insert disc instead of backup.
                      Which game and which copy protection? Use PID to identify the copy protection.

Comment

there are emulators you can use, right click on it and select the emulator you need or all at the same time.

Comment

The game is Star Wars Republic Commando and I don't know what the PID is.. I'm very sorry for all of the stupid questions and annoyance.

Comment

I'm assuming he won't know what PID is either, korn2006.

Comment

Here is the result of the scan using the PID v5.2c:

File Type : Exe, Size : 2441216 (0254000h) Bytes
                              -> Suspicious MZ Header..
                              [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 5.03.13
                              [!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> CDKey
                              - Scan Took : 0.828 Seconds

Try using YASU, it should help.

Comment

Working...
                              X