Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No free version of daemon tools to use now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No free version of daemon tools to use now?

I just see the the news for the homepage.It says
    today release a new version of DAEMON Tools 4.10,and rename it to DAEMON Tools Lite.
    and there is no link to download,then I goto this page,
    Welcome to the official site of DAEMON Tools products! Here you can find out more about one of the best imaging software or download your free DAEMON Tools trial.

It seems DAEMON Tools Lite is not free,Is that true?

The download page is not up2date.Please check
    Need to mount or create an image? DAEMON Tools software is here at your service. Choose from laconic Lite, powerful Ultra or old but gold Pro and try for free.

Comment

I imagine it should show up under the Free/Trial section, but they must have overlooked something while uploading it to the server. I am just guessing here, but since no announcement was made about eliminating the free version, it's the most logical conclusion.

Comment

I am just wondering how long it will be before somebody puts up a lawsuit,,, Just like what has happen to other free stuff that went pay for that defeated copy write protection....

Comment

Look here: http://disc-tools.com.

Comment

Originally Posted by CoolSights2000 View Post
            I am just wondering how long it will be before somebody puts up a lawsuit,,, Just like what has happen to other free stuff that went pay for that defeated copy write protection....
            If you're referring to CSS, that's entirely different case for two very important reasons.

One, CSS is encryption, not a copy protection like Safedisc, SecuROM, etc. While it serves a similar purpose, the manner of protection makes them distinct (Safedisc and the like protect the media, while CSS encryption protects the content). Plus - due to it being encryption - it's subject to different laws that don't affect other forms of copy protection.

Two, Alcohol and DT Pro do not remove the copy protection, the duplicate and/or emulate it. Very different approach to the stripping of CSS encryption.

Unless - of course - I've missed the point entirely and that's not what you're referring to.
            Last edited by Jito463; 20.08.2007, 21:09.

Comment

Working...
            X