Will there be an update for Bioshock to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be an update for Bioshock to work

Anychance on what version of securom this program has? and does the latest YASU support Bioshock? thanks

In what way does BioShock not work?
    What error do you get?
    If running from an image how did you create it?
    Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Isn't Bioshock going to both be distributed via steam and registrable via steam meaning it won't require the disc to play the game once installed and fully updated?

As far as I heard You can register and buy Bioshock Via Steam, and usually Games using steam don't require the CD to play.

I know this from buying and playing Half-Life 2 and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition via Steam.
      Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
      Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

BioShock is available 3 ways.
        Steam
        Direct2Drive
        Retail Box

The retail box uses SecuROM online activation on install and standard disc SecuROM.

Comment

Ah ok, didn't know. Thanks for clearing that up.
          Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
          Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

Originally Posted by Kitna View Post
            BioShock is available 3 ways.
            Steam
            Direct2Drive
            Retail Box
            The retail box uses SecuROM online activation on install and standard disc SecuROM.
            Wrong, all 3 versions use SecuROM Online Activation !
            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

bioshock gives me this message when i try and launch it.

"Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000).

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=copy&c=1000 for further, more detailed information."

anyone know a way around this so i dont have to insert my disc everytime?

Comment

Thank you for explaining that you're clearly unable to read.
                Please show me where I stated that any versions didn't use online activation.
                I merely stated that there were 3 different versions (true) and that the retail box uses securom for online activation and for a disc check (also true).

Comment

so... will there be an activation crack or a fix for yasu?

Comment

there will be as usual an update for YASU. Additional it should
                    also work via vIDE-drive from DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced
                    version, which is released already.

Work is also already finished. Nevertheless, new version only
                    supports DAEMON Tools/DAEMON Tools Pro and not anymore
                    foreign virtual-drive solutions. Additional, we offer new YASU
                    first to our customers - it is unclear when we will release it
                    to open public.

What concerns the activation-crack: This is not our business
                    and according to current laws, you are not allowed to bypass
                    this activation-check (in germany: as long as publisher offer
                    such service, after support is down you are allowed to bypass
                    it ("Bestimmungsgemäßer Gebrauch der Sache").

Nevertheless, it is up to you if you buy such game or not. In
                    this particular case users reported they exaggerated "a bit" with

- Securom Protection
                    - Online-Activation
                    - Number of Installations is counted (up to 5 installations are
                    "allowed")

At least this is what different users wrote to me - it is not
                    personal experience, as I did not bought the game yet, but
                    according to many reports, it seems it have the by far most
                    annoying protection ever made for a game (if reports are true).

As I have not bought it yet, I can not comment if this is
                    true or not, but my opinion is that I accept such restrictions
                    only for applications but not games. Certain applications are
                    anyway "bound" due to their "nature" to such rules, e.g.
                    Antivirus-systems or even DAEMON Tools Pro (which is
                    frequently updated and need therefore inet-connection
                    anyway. Nevertheless, on the other hand, every publisher has
                    the right to do whatever they want as long as it is legal -
                    but if this is also wise is something different)..

Comment

From what i've read Bioshock is working fine with Daemon Tools without YASU
                      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kitna View Post
                        Thank you for explaining that you're clearly unable to read.
                        Please show me where I stated that any versions didn't use online activation.
                        I merely stated that there were 3 different versions (true) and that the retail box uses securom for online activation and for a disc check (also true).
                        Sorry, didnt read it properly, thought you where only saying that the retail version uses Securom Online shit

My Mistake, dont hurt me

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
                        there will be as usual an update for YASU. Additional it should
                        also work via vIDE-drive from DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced
                        version, which is released already.
                        Work is also already finished. Nevertheless, new version only
                        supports DAEMON Tools/DAEMON Tools Pro and not anymore
                        foreign virtual-drive solutions. Additional, we offer new YASU
                        first to our customers - it is unclear when we will release it
                        to open public.
                        Its indeed true that this game uses all this shit, and thats the point if i will buy it or not !
                        its a great game and i want to play it, but this SecuROM thing keeps me thinking
                        vIDE isnt workin from what i heard, some peeps wrote in different Forums that it wont work like the SCSI ones, so its a good question if there will be an update for it soon or not, or if the new Yasu will fix it.

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
                        What concerns the activation-crack: This is not our business
                        and according to current laws, you are not allowed to bypass
                        this activation-check (in germany: as long as publisher offer
                        such service, after support is down you are allowed to bypass
                        it ("Bestimmungsgemäßer Gebrauch der Sache").
                        Nevertheless, it is up to you if you buy such game or not. In
                        this particular case users reported they exaggerated "a bit" with
                        - Securom Protection
                        - Online-Activation
                        - Number of Installations is counted (up to 5 installations are
                        "allowed")
                        At least this is what different users wrote to me - it is not
                        personal experience, as I did not bought the game yet, but
                        according to many reports, it seems it have the by far most
                        annoying protection ever made for a game (if reports are true).
                        As I have not bought it yet, I can not comment if this is
                        true or not, but my opinion is that I accept such restrictions
                        only for applications but not games. Certain applications are
                        anyway "bound" due to their "nature" to such rules, e.g.
                        Antivirus-systems or even DAEMON Tools Pro (which is
                        frequently updated and need therefore inet-connection
                        anyway. Nevertheless, on the other hand, every publisher has
                        the right to do whatever they want as long as it is legal -
                        but if this is also wise is something different)..
                        DT isnt in Germany, so there is a good chance that you guys will beat it!

Btw. Buy the Game and after playin a while make a new Decision
                        Last edited by Mystique; 25.08.2007, 09:59.
                        You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                        sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Could anybody upload the mds from Bioshock (English version - US)? My device fails on dpm extraction. Thank you.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
                            vIDE isnt workin from what i heard, some peeps wrote in different Forums that it wont work like the SCSI ones
                            vIDE is working fine

Comment

Originally Posted by korn2006 View Post
                              Could anybody upload the mds from Bioshock (English version - US)? My device fails on dpm extraction. Thank you.
                              Try the attached mds file.
                              If it doesn't fit your version, you can convert the mds into bwa with BWA Builder, and then inject the bwa information in your mds (without DPM info) with Quickmount/Injector.
                              Attached Files
                              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                              X