Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vIDE

Hello,
    even with vIDE, I get the message "Please insert correct Disc" when I want to start FIFA 07 (Safedisc 4.6). I still have to use Y.A.S.U. to overcome this problem.
    I have Alcohol 120 installed with one vSCSI drive. Might this be the problem?
    Thx
    Tschens

At the moment there is no vIDE in DT Pro! It's still a vSCSI and so you still have to use YASU to hide your real drives.

Comment

Originally Posted by Chaosmaster View Post
      At the moment there is no vIDE in DT Pro! It's still a vSCSI and so you still have to use YASU to hide your real drives.
      The update, which was released last day, has vIDE Support

Comment

Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
        The update, which was released last day, has vIDE Support
        ohh, ok ^^
        didn't know this. How could I?
        I'm not yet a Customer but i think, i will do this next week.

Comment

where do u see any info about the latest update to DT having vIDE? i cant find any such news anywhere on here

Comment

This information is only visible fo DT customers.

However, if you know german you can read the news at copybase.org
            Upgrade your programs:
            DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
              where do u see any info about the latest update to DT having vIDE? i cant find any such news anywhere on here
              There didn't seem to be much fanfare - the only official place I saw anything resembling an announcement is in the release notes for DT Pro Advanced:

DAEMON Tools Pro is the best imaging software that provides the whole range of features for disc image usage. The program allows you to create an image from the disc and edit images that you have, mount different types of discs and burn images.

Note: it's only in the Advanced version

Comment

Maybe not universally valid, but Safedisc is working fine for me; tested:
                Condemned (SD 4.6), Transformers (SD 4.81)

Even better: ProtectDISC works (Darkstar One, Belief & Betrayal)

Windows XP SP2 VIA KT333, virtual SCSI Adapter stopped
                Last edited by Terramex; 23.08.2007, 16:33.
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

@Terramex

Hi,

did you also try an old 3.5 F game titel? I did this with my old

1944 Winterschlacht in den Ardennen

without look (look into the german customer forum, thread command & conquer ...).

Greetings
                  Alex

Comment

@Alexander

Toca Race Driver 2: SF 3.3.35.2
                    Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory: SF 3.4.71.19
                    Blazing Angels - Squadrons of WWII: SF 3.7.12.5

No go ... but still not half bad this vIDE thingy
                    I'd like SF support, too for versions <3.7.16, but i guess we're all in agreement this hasn't top priority.
                    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

@Terramex

Thank you for your response. Your results with SF3.xx are the same like mine.

Meanwhile the DT developement explained in another thread that there is no SF3.xx support in the current version. They said this is because of hardware compatibility problems. They also said that they already have a solution to SF3.xx but didn't release it. Let's hope that they will release an update of DT with this feature. For me the SF3.xx support was the most important thing. Unplugging is not a solution. Fortunately I own not much SF3.xx games. And most of them work with disabling the IDE channels in my PC BIOS.

Greetings
                      Alex

PS:
                      The ProtectCD support sounds good!

Comment

hello

i'm french, my english is poor sorry for that
                        i've bought DT Pro one week ago but i have bad experience. I install Loki with the last patch (1.06) but don't work...
                        Application detects Daemon tools. Same thing with Colin Mc Rae Dirt 1.2...
                        So DT don't work with old Version of SF (3.5...) but don't work too with last 4.7...
                        I've installed last DT version with virtual IDE enable but nothing seems to work.
                        is it a chance to correct this problem with new SF protection ?

En franзais, les derniers jeux Starforce ne marchent pas et pourtant avec la toute derni&#232;re version de DT pro (achet&#233;e) et le virtual IDE. La protection d&#233;tecte DT et le jeu ne d&#233;marre pas. Est ce que les d&#233;veloppeurs de la protection travaillent sur une solution ?
                        Merci pour votre bon travail / Thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                        X