You'll have to :mrgreen:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

gimme new version already

Comment

FIX!!!

fix found

insert legit original Reign of chaos cd, start both games, then remove the cd, mount Warcraft III - Reign of chaos image to start either warcraft III - ROC or The Frozen Throne,

Worked for me:P

PS you might need to disable emulation, securom seems to detect if it is running

Comment

NEW FIX!!!!!

Install Patch

add registry entry

in
          "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III\Gameplay"

a reg_dword entry "schedrace" value "32"

use a working Warcraft III Reign of Chaos Cd Image to play both war3 - ROC and The Frozen Throne

this is a temp fix until the new version comes out

Do not PIRATE SOFTWARE, this was posted so people could play without the cd as long as they have legit licenses, not for any other use

Comment

Re: :|

Exactly! Damn, I hate Blizzard. First they scr_wed up Diablo 2 by deleting all online accounts and installing patch 1.10, and now this. I'm an admin at an internet café and I can't just give away original Warcraft 3 CDs to all customers that want to play the game online.. We have licences for all computers, but CDs get stolen.

Comment

Lambda

i also work at a net cafe, really shits me off when this happens, follow my solution tho, make sure you turn off ALL emulations, and it should all be good, note tho you need to use the War3 - Reign of chaos cd to start either of them up, and not have the frozen throne in any drive

Comment

Not to defend them or anything, but their first answer will probably be, why havent you paid the licensing fees to use it in a pay for play environment. Though I dont know if even paying that extortion fee gets you a version without securerom, probably not.

Comment

lol
                  Originally Posted by kilorat
                  Not to defend them or anything, but their first answer will probably be, why havent you paid the licensing fees to use it in a pay for play environment.
                  reading is not a speciality of yours, is it? :mrgreen:
                  Originally Posted by Lambda
                  We have licences for all computers, but CDs get stolen.

Comment

[quote="bjblaszkowicz"]lol
                    Originally Posted by kilorat
                    Not to defend them or anything, but their first answer will probably be, why havent you paid the licensing fees to use it in a pay for play environment.
                    reading is not a speciality of yours, is it? :mrgreen:

Yours either apparently. Wow what a rude thing to say, smiley doesnt make that not rude. Of course I read what you wrote.
                    "to use it in a pay for play environment".
                    Saying "We have licences for all computers, but CDs get stolen." sounds like you just have a bought copy for each computer.
                    You can't just buy enough copies for each computer, you have to pay an additional fee on top of that to Blizzard, which is something like $1000/year, but that covers you for all Blizzard games. If you havent paid that, be careful before contacting Blizzard.

Comment

The registry key above didnt work for me. I tried hex value 32 and decimal 32.
                      Another odd thing, "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III" didnt even exist.

I did find a real easy fix though, just mount up the image for Warcraft III, even when playing Frozen throne, and make sure all emulation is off. Now its working just great, so far no issues with it needing any data from the Frozen Throne disc, I started a campagne just to check, and so far its all working good.

Comment

BTW..

Thanks for the fix. I did just like kilorat in the above post, and it worked.. but I had to install the newest version of DT.

Comment

Never mind. I think I may have figured out the problem.

Warcraft III won't run with ANY (SecureRom, Safedisc, RMPS, Laserlock) emulation option on with the newest version of Daemon Tools. However, if you leave every option off, it runs fine.

Anyone else with SR5 games have the same problem?

Comment

What program did you use to make the image?
                            I have no problems here with my image made using Alcohol 120% (Securom *NEW* 4.x setting).

Comment

Originally Posted by Onthax
                              NEW FIX!!!!!

Install Patch

add registry entry

in
                              "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III\Gameplay"

a reg_dword entry "schedrace" value "32"

use a working Warcraft III Reign of Chaos Cd Image to play both war3 - ROC and The Frozen Throne

this is a temp fix until the new version comes out

Do not PIRATE SOFTWARE, this was posted so people could play without the cd as long as they have legit licenses, not for any other use
                              This worked for me, I made my ROC image using Alcohol 120% Securom v4.x.

Comment

Working...
                              X