on an Asus A7N8X (nforce 2 chipset)
    1 Gb Crucial RAM PC3200
    160 Gb HDD Maxtor
    250 Gb HDD Samsung
    NEC 3520A
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    No USB devices currently attached.

I keep it real clean.

After returning from a long weekend the machine hung at the Windows splash screen. I manually rebooted and was able to get into Safe Mode. No BSOD. While the drivers loaded it asked me to press esc to cancel loading sptd.sys and then d347bus.sys. After reading the forums for a while I first attempted to recover to no avail. It still hangs. I can't uninstall my old daemon from safe mode so I deleted the appropriate registry entries and the .sys files. d347prt.sys still loads in the safe mode driver list but doesn't seem to be causing any problems. The computer is still hanging at the windows splash screen but when I go into safe mode it doesn't tell me to press esc to cancel the loading of either of the above mentioned drivers. I then uninstalled my Nvidia ide drivers as I read that this has worked for ppl with the nforce2 chipset and installed microsoft drivers but didn't change anything.

Por favor, ayudame.

Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers of v3.47, reboot, then check.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X