Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to generate an image of a protected CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to generate an image of a protected CD?

Hi,

I have a protected CD and I'd like to extract it's image. I heard I could do it using Daemon Tools, so I installed, but I don't see any options related.

So, is it possible? How?
    If not, can anyone point me a program for that? No Alcohol or anyDVD, I need a free one.

Thank you

Creating images is only
    implemented in DTPro.

IMGBurn is freeware
    but I think it can not
    handle copy protections.

Comment

You can use Alcohol 52% Free Edition.

Comment

Originally Posted by Schuenemann View Post
        Hi,
        I have a protected CD and I'd like to extract it's image. I heard I could do it using Daemon Tools, so I installed, but I don't see any options related.
        So, is it possible? How?
        If not, can anyone point me a program for that? No Alcohol or anyDVD, I need a free one.
        Thank you
        Before you start with image creation you should know the copy protection. Use ProtectionID in order to identify the copy protection.
        Last edited by korn2006; 24.08.2007, 22:07.

Comment

Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
          Are you sure it can do it? I didn't see anything related in the description.
          Originally Posted by korn2006 View Post
          Before you start with image creation you should know the copy protection. Use ProtectionID in order to identify the copy protection.
          Ok, I downloaded it. How to use?
          I clicked 'Scan' and it asked for an .exe/.dll file (I thought it would pick the disc, not specific files).
          Anyway, I chose the CD's /setup.exe and it said none or unknown protection).
          Thanks

Comment

Hi all and you Shuenemann!

Can you tell us the game's name please?

You also can use ARRAY SCANNER (and you scan your CD or DVD) and also game's file when your game is installed on your hard drive!

But if your game is recent use ProtectionId, it's better!
            You do also scan with it the game's file when your game is installed on your hard drive!

best regards

joeldecaroual

Comment

Are you sure it can do it? I didn't see anything related in the description.
              Yes, I am. 52% has the same features as 120% except the burning engine and a limitation of 6 virtual drives.

Ok, I downloaded it. How to use?
              I clicked 'Scan' and it asked for an .exe/.dll file (I thought it would pick the disc, not specific files).
              Anyway, I chose the CD's /setup.exe and it said none or unknown protection).
              Thanks
              Install your game/application and check the main executable.
              Last edited by FordPrefect; 25.08.2007, 11:04.

Comment

Hi,
                It's not a game, it's Windows XP CD, so I think this game process won't apply.

By the way, there's no piracy involved.
                I want a backup copy because if the CD gets damaged, I'll have to go to the university to copy another one.

So, the best approach would be Alcohol 52% trial?

Thanks.

Comment

Windows XP CD's are not protected and can be copied with almost every burning software.
                  There's no point in protecting these CD's, cause you don't need it in your drive to run Windows

Comment

Hi,
                    It's not a game, it's Windows XP CD, so I think this game process won't apply.
                    By the way, there's no piracy involved.
                    I want a backup copy because if the CD gets damaged, I'll have to go to the university to copy another one.
                    So, the best approach would be Alcohol 52% trial?
                    Thanks.
                    You can use Alcohol 52% Free Edition or DT Pro. It is your choice. I prefer DT Pro Advanced.

Alcohol: You shuold use the "Normal CD" profile.
                    DT Pro: You should use the "Data CD" profile.
                    Last edited by korn2006; 25.08.2007, 21:39.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
                      Windows XP CD's are not protected and can be copied with almost every burning software.
                      There's no point in protecting these CD's, cause you don't need it in your drive to run Windows
                      I thought they were protected to avoid piracy.
                      Anyway, I tried recording an ISO and got lots of read errors. Could be bad CD, but I've installed XP last sunday (and I got the same errors before re-installing).

Well, I guess I'll try the "free" Alcohol.

Comment

Working...
                      X