Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daemon tools v410, softice and my stupidity

hi!
    i recently installed softice and afcourse i ignored the message thats incompatible with DT. so now ive tried: sptd deleter, removing registry...(i use vista 32 btw)

but still i get the error that SPTD is not installed...its a good chance that the answer is here already(ive done a search but i dont feel like going through 30 pages) so if anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it very much,

btw i also tried to delete some registry keys manualy but i got an error that it cant be deleten(and yes, ive changed permission settings): Cannon delete sptd: error while deleting key.

Comment

you have to disable the sptd driver from loading, by either uninstalling it (which then lets you access that key)
      or (if i remember right), selecting not to load it on bootup
      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

hm..so how do i uninstall it? i got rid of the sptd.sys files and as much registry as i could.

and how do i choose if i want to load it on startup?

Comment

You've to disable SPTD in registry first (set Start value to 4 in services\sptd key), reboot, then you can enable all permissions of sptd\cfg key and delete it.
          If you can't boot anymore boot with your Windows cd/dvd into recovery console, logon to your Windows installation (requires Administrator password), enter disable sptd, then exit to reboot.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thx for that
            now been able to delete the registry entries.

but now ive got another problem: ive ran DT setup and it installs the sptd thing. than i restart but he still goes through the same process of installing the drivers

Comment

i still cant install it...altough i "install" it it says that SPTD isnt installed(im using the standalone installer). ive read that there are supposed to be more than one sptd.sys files(some sptd<somenumbers>.sys)-i only have sptd.sys.
              also in the registry under current control set(i use vista ultimate 32 btw)>sptd>enum ive got a key that says INITSTARTFAILED(with a value of 1). ive tried to dleten but nothing(im not even sure what it does...)

Comment

Working...
              X