BSOD when trying to burn CD/DVD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD when trying to burn CD/DVD.

This is my first use of DAEMON Tools so please forgive any 'newbie' ignorance I display.

I have installed the tool (DT v4.10) and it worked wonderfully to allow me to run a game without having to dig out the DVD everytime! (Virtual drive letter F.

The slight problem is that my two real DVD writers (Drive letters D: and E work normally except if I try to burn a CD or DVD. This immediately causes the BSOD which seems to indicate that the wrong CDFS file system is corrupt.

I have not changed any of the default settings from those on installation, mainly because I don't understand what they do.

I uninstalled DT 4.10 but the problem remained.

I have reinstalled now, and things are just the same.

I would attach some files for clarification, but I can't seem to find the 'attach' button! (told I was new!).

Thanks for any help you may give.

Check your C:\Windows\minidump directory for the latest minidump file and e-mail it to support@daemon-tools.cc and reference this thread.

Comment

Did that, no reply yet.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by bfgp View Post
        This is my first use of DAEMON Tools so please forgive any 'newbie' ignorance I display.

I have installed the tool (DT v4.10) and it worked wonderfully to allow me to run a game without having to dig out the DVD everytime! (Virtual drive letter F.

The slight problem is that my two real DVD writers (Drive letters D: and E work normally except if I try to burn a CD or DVD. This immediately causes the BSOD which seems to indicate that the wrong CDFS file system is corrupt.

I have not changed any of the default settings from those on installation, mainly because I don't understand what they do.

I uninstalled DT 4.10 but the problem remained.

I have reinstalled now, and things are just the same.

I would attach some files for clarification, but I can't seem to find the 'attach' button! (told I was new!).

Thanks for any help you may give.
        Still no reply

Comment

Just curious and may not be relevant:

Do you use Y.A.S.U and if you do what is the version of it?

Comment

E-mail it to me at Jito463 (at) Gmail (dot) com. I'll check it for you then.

Comment

Thanks MaLing, No I don't use YASU (however, since I don't know what it is I could be wrong)

Comment

Just sent it now. Thanks very much for your efforts

Comment

According to WinDbg (the Windows Debugger from MS):

Probably caused by : Dvd43.sys

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
                    According to WinDbg (the Windows Debugger from MS):
                    Probably caused by : Dvd43.sys
                    I recognize that driver name. It's part of some DVD region tweaking apps (which I will not discuss in further detail, because I suspect that it may include some functionality violating the copyright laws of some countries).

@bfgp: If you haven't done so already, try the following:
                    1) Rename the file %windir%\system32\drivers\dvd43.sys to for example dvd43.sys.bak. (%windir% represents your Windows installation folder - typically C:\WINDOWS on Windows XP).
                    2) After having renamed the file, reboot your computer.
                    3) Try burning a disc.
                    Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Actually this reply was sent to you on September, 3rd:
                      "Crash was caused by infamous dvd43 application - update or remove it, then try again."
                      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                      X