• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer freeze when using DT 4.10

Operating System: Windows Vista 32-bit
    Burning Software: Nero 7
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 4.10

So today I wanted to play and mounted the image of the game I own into DT. After clicking the icon for the game, the loading screen started up, my cursor changed into a spinning disc (to indicate it is trying to run the cd) and bam. My computer froze.

Tried moving the mouse, Ctrl+alt+del etc, nothing worked. Searched google for any reason why games would freeze while playing but found nothing. Installed a different game, mounted the image, et voila, another freeze. Updated all my drivers (video, audio, mobo, etc) but again, a freeze.

I then figured it would maybe work from the CD-rom instead of the image and praise be, it did.

Uninstalled DT and SPTD with the installers, rebooted and reinstalled them but again, the computer freezes upon using a mounted image.

Of course it's no more than a small inconvenience seeing as I have all the original CD's to all the games I own but I tend to be quite anal about using a CD too much if I don't have to (I have this irrational paranoia of damaging the disc and not being able to use it).

So I turn to thee, the DT members, to help me solve this slightly annoying issue. I've never had any problem using DT before, but since the update to 4.10 it seems to feck up.

Any things I might have overlooked/suggestions/whatever that might of aid?

Thank you!

is your image located on an ICH8R/ICH9R raid volume?
    there is an issue with intels raid driver:
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/inco...id-t17440.html
    in this case move your image on another disk not using intels raid driver and give it a try ...

Comment

I don't use raid drivers or anything of the like, so that's not the problem.

I'll try moving the image around and loading it from a seperate disk though, maybe it'll work.

Comment

Sorry for double posting, but I tried loading the image from my 3 HDDs but to no avail, computer still freezes when trying to load up an image from DT

Comment

I have the same problem...
          I tryed everything i know...
          Pls help guys.

Comment

Mounting from ICH9R RAID0 volume is the issue!

DT: 4.10
            Hello again!
            I tried to mount images from the single RAID0 volume and it was freezing the system every time i tried. But then I copied the image to a USB HDD, mounted with the same DT 4.10 and it worked without a problem! I also tried to mount images on DT 4.06 with sptd 1.5 and there were no problems both on the RAID0 and USB drive.
            I hope DT team will analyze the ICH9R in RAID configuration on Vista and come up with a solution!

Comment

Your username kinda looks like a CD key for a game

Comment

@Reef: Your avatar makes me crazy. I always think there is an insect running over my monitor.

Comment

@P5KR-ICH9R-RAID
                  They're aware of the bug and are working on it.

@Reef
                  It's a MoBo model. According to a search on Google, an Asus model.

@FordPrefect
                  Yeah, it is annoying. That's why I used Opera's content blocker to block it.

Comment

Yup, experiencing the same problem.

Oddly enough, when I revert back to 4.08, the image works properly again, regardless of version of SPDT. Yes, the image is on the RAID ICH.

Also, for some reason, using the 7080 YASU won't let it start either, even on 4.08, I end up using the 7060.

I'll try moving it to a different drive on 4.10 and 7080.

Comment

Nop, moving to a different drive, IDE or USB, didn't work. I'm officially back to 7060 and 4.08. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Now, figuring out how to edit posts..

Comment

After 20 minutes, a post can no longer be edited.

Comment

I have same problem on my notebook (HP Compaq 6715b) with Vista 32...
                          Computer keeps freezing when I try to access mounted drive. I have tried with newest Daemon Tools, then with 4.08 and with other virtual drive software, but no luck - it keeps freezing no matter what I do

Comment

@Avram
                            Please, e-mail to support team.
                            Put the link to this topic into your message.
                            Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Working...
                            X