'Setup is unable to validate installation'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Setup is unable to validate installation'

I cant uninstall D-tools any more, after i reinstalled Vista using upgrade function that is. Also, now and then I get a bsod with an error in the file 'sptd.sys'. And that has something to do with d-tools, so i really have to get it uninstalled but I get the error: 'Setup is unable to validate installation'. I read somewhere that you gotta remove some vista update (kb914... something) but i didnt even have that. So what can i do to properly uninstall d-tools?

Delete Daemon Tools installation folder, open registry editor (run regedit), browse to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd and set Start value to 4 (=disabled), reboot, after reboot open registry editor again, enable all permissions on sptd\cfg key, delete entire sptd key in services hive, reboot, then re-install Daemon Tools.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Start value to 4 (=disabled), reboot, after reboot open registry editor again, enable all permissions on sptd\cfg key, delete entire sptd key in services hive, reboot, then re-install Daemon Tools.
      did all of that but after set all permissions its was not possible to delete the keys
      and the install loops rebooting and installing

Comment

Same thing happened to me today, and I just have deleted D-Tools folder, because I couldn't complete the rest of tasks in the registry. I can't change permissions, and I couldn't erase any key, only change start value.
        Only for trying (I had nothing to lose...), after I have erased that folder I tried again the installation and this time it was completed successfully.
        All this was with the version 4.30.3
        I hope you can fix this too...
        Regards

Comment

You can not change any permissions while SPTD is running, you must change Start to 4 (=disabled) and reboot, after reboot you should be able to enable all permissions of sptd/cfg, and then delete the sptd key.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
            You can not change any permissions while SPTD is running, you must change Start to 4 (=disabled) and reboot, after reboot you should be able to enable all permissions of sptd/cfg, and then delete the sptd key.
            I've done all of that and i still can't uninstall it! i even went back to registry edit to make sure that I've erased the sptd key and i did.

after eliminate sptd key i forgot to reboot and tried to uninstall it. maybe it's because of that

Comment

Working...
            X