Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLASSPNP.SYS blue screen CRASH after install 3.41 (updating from 3.20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLASSPNP.SYS blue screen CRASH after install 3.41 (updating from 3.20)

Operating System: Windows XP SP1 with all criticial updates
    Burning Software: Alcohol 120% latest version & Nero 6 Ultra edition (not using easy cd)
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 2003
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

hi all.. just want to inform u that the new Daemon Tools 3.41 crashes my system with CLASSPNP.SYS driver error. At first it didn't boot in Safe mode either. Then i did "Restore last known good settings".. the system booted, but crashed while loading daemon tools. It did enable me to do safe mode boot finally! after doing system restore my system is back to normal running version 3.20.
    I think it could have something to do with the Alcohol 120%, since it has a virtual drive too.. however version 3.20 and alcohol 120% seem to work together perfectly.
    just a guess: It matters which one is installed first???

Cheers,
    Bucky

Do you have minidump (in windows\minidump folder) we can check?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

yes i have one.. i also noticed an error in my system event log. It happened right after or during upgrading from 3.20 to 3.41..

"The description for Event ID ( 4 ) in Source ( pnpshark ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:"

Comment

Working...
      X