SmartLaunch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmartLaunch...

yeah so if anyone has gone to a LAN center they will know SmartLaunch... however i wish i never did....

is their a command line option i can run before or add it to daemon tools to make it mask the drives????

My main problem is C&C3..... we have it listed as an app and when it launches it distributes the CD-Key's properly and loads the mini image... HOWEVER i cannot find a way to make YASU start with windows (startup will not work Smartlaunch disallows startup application's) so that the drive is already cloaked and ready to go.........

is their by chance a different way to make it startup? besides reg and folder entry's?

or a command we can add to DT that will launch in quiet and stealth the drives???

any help is appreciated!

THANKS!

(please understand we have 80 systems and 40 copies of each game, all PC's have NO CD-ROM's they are locked down as much as possible.....)

What if you have the images mounted on a server, and just shared over the network with iSCSI?

Comment

Is it not possible to launch YASU with the command -a at each PC?
      Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
      Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
      Schreibt mir eine PN!
      If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
        What if you have the images mounted on a server, and just shared over the network with iSCSI?
        It seems like SecuROM has blacklisted iSCSI. Tried it a while ago, while waiting for a new version of YASU, but it didn't work. Even tried with original DVD shared over iSCSI, but still got the 'emulator detected' message.

Comment

do i just add -a to the end of the mount??

i cannot add anything to system startup.... SmartLaunch is really gay in that aspect... but i guess its for security purposes....

Comment

I took a look at the SmartLaunch manuals and I have an question:

is it possible for you to launch YASU with a batch file in the Edit Application window?
            Schreibt mir eine PN!
            If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

note that the -a parameter is broken in the latest yasu release. (click - solution)
              Upgrade your programs:
              DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

this is the mount image command that smartlaunch uses:

"%ProgramFiles%\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,"%ImagePath%"

and for example this is the CD image that uses mount

Mount Image: C:\Games\IMAGE\BF2\BF2.MDS

is their something i can add to "%ProgramFiles%\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,"%ImagePath%"

to make YASU launch with cloaking? for every game so i can use it???

All of our PC's are CD-ROM Drive less and while most games have solutions for LAN center's EA games do not... and since EA Link lets uses change information once logged in that was definitely not a way to go

however so far everything is working like it should

Comment

has anyone had a chance to take a look for me to see if their is anything else i can do????

Im coming down to a wire on this... C&C3 has problems now when they are updated and now BF2142 NO-CD EXE's are having problems when joining or starting a server where it just freez's and the system becomes unresponsive...........

AnYoNe?

Comment

You use cracks Oo?
                    Schreibt mir eine PN!

Comment

"bismax You use cracks Oo?"

let me ask you a question.... you have 80 systems.... 0 CD-Rom Drives.... what are you going to do?

also we have the 40 Copies of the game.... all legit.... all registered with EA... and all use the legit keys so only 40 copies can be in use at any one time

so my post here is to find if anyone has a fix to make yasu start when a cd-rom image is mounted in daemon tools so i don't have to use cracks..... thank you for your observation but please keep it to... NO WE GOT NO CLUE or w00t here is a fix you can try!

Also of the 3 other LAN center's i have worked for they used no-cd cracks for ALL games so my post here is to find a NOCRACK solution and since daemon tools is used in nearly every lan center i figured their had to be some intelligent people here with loads of solutions i could try so far 0

Comment

@Kane3162,

Your idea to make YASU cloak drives when an image is loaded sounds like a create idea... i'll look into it A.S.A.P... maybe even go as far as creating a YASU plugin for DAEMON-Tools...

Watch this space...
                        Mail:
                        curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
                          Also of the 3 other LAN center's i have worked for they used no-cd cracks for ALL games so my post here is to find a NOCRACK solution and since daemon tools is used in nearly every lan center i figured their had to be some intelligent people here with loads of solutions i could try so far 0
                          Finding a better way using just DTools is admirable, but discussion of cracks is not permitted here. Please refrain in the future.

Comment

@Kane3162
                            In case i got it right maybe runit4me is an option.
                            This tool alters your game-links so that image gets automatically mounted and drive(s) cloaked.
                            When ending the game it unmounts+uncloaks.
                            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

does runit4me basically add an argument to the launch?

i ask because the application is launched by SmartLaunch

so in the application location it is (EX)
                              C:\Games\BF2\BF2.exe
                              [then here in a separate section is arguments]
                              C:\Games\BF2\(running folder)

besides the above and those mount commands from smartlaunch thats all i got.....

sYko if you could do that..... wow.... just wow..... LAN Center GOD!

Comment

Working...
                              X