SCSI took over my 2 REAL DRIVES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSI took over my 2 REAL DRIVES

hey guys, ive been a long time user of daemon tools however im having massive trouble on my main computer. a couple of months ago my DVD Drives have just stopped working for burning and reading but still show in My Computer. i was having a look in Device Manager when i seen that my Asus Drive, Pioneer Drive and Virtual drive all had "SCSI cdRom device" on the end of their title. so i went on my other two computers and seen that with the other two (with daemon tools installed) ONLY the virtual drive has the SCSI cdRom device ending.

so i figured that this SCSI thing has mistaken my REAL DRIVES for a virtual drive and thats why it is rendering them useless to me.

so if anyone could please help that would be great. this is very annoying and i cant just simply format because my REAL drives do not read anything....

tia,
    daLe

did you use yasu or any anti blacklisting program?
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Same here

I have the same problem. Vista Enterprise x64 on a Thinkpad T60p. Daemon tools was working fine, but then one day I did not have support for my physical DVD drive. I swap it in and out for an external hard drive in the same bay so I do not know what actually "broke" it.

I have tried uninstalling daemon tools and have tried other known good DVD drives. I have also tried installing the latest version with no luck.

Just today I also deleted my driver cache file but that also did not help.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally Posted by brian.kronberg View Post
        I have the same problem. Vista Enterprise x64 on a Thinkpad T60p. Daemon tools was working fine, but then one day I did not have support for my physical DVD drive. I swap it in and out for an external hard drive in the same bay so I do not know what actually "broke" it.
        I have tried uninstalling daemon tools and have tried other known good DVD drives. I have also tried installing the latest version with no luck.
        Just today I also deleted my driver cache file but that also did not help.
        Any suggestions?
        I was able to fix my issue by doing a combination of the following:

The regedit is as follows:

Using REGEDIT Delete the Upper and Lower cdrom Filters

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
        "UpperFilters"=
        "LowerFilters"=

But if it still does not work I forcefully reinstalled my Intel Chipset drivers to get the machine to update the SATA driver on my Thinkpad T60p.

Driver_Download

I hope this helps someone else.

Comment

Working...
        X