Please insert correct disc error on Petz 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please insert correct disc error on Petz 5

I have a problem when i'm trying to get Catz 5 and Dogz5 to work with DT.

Details on programs:

Windows Xp 32 bit
    DTv4.10 X86
    image made by Nero 7: Nero Burning Rom

problem:

I made a 1:1 copy of the disc and extracted all the file off of the CD onto the hard drive and then i used Nero to create an image using the Nero Burning Rom function of Nero 7. I then used Daemon Script and made a script to mount Petz 5 to the virtual drive. All was going great, it mounted correctly, it ran properly, it installed.... then thing went wrong. I tried to play the game and it asked me to insert the correct disc. I had encounter this problem before with Age of Empires 1 and 2 but i got them to work just had to change the names of the virtual drives but that doesn't work with Petz.

If any one has any help on how to get this to work I would really appreciate it and so would my fiance since it she has been waiting for a while to play this.

Don't use Nero to create an image, you'll need a program specifically designed for backupping copy-protected discs to duplicate all the necessary disc characteristics for the copy protection to work.

Use a program such as DAEMON Tools Pro and create a new image from your original disc.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
    X