Can't see my hddvd toshiba anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see my hddvd toshiba anymore

hi! i have toshiba satellite x200 with vista home premium 32bit and hddvd rom. after i installed deamon tools i couldn't open hddvd anymore since it didn't appear in explorer. it's the same now, after i've unistalled deamon tools. any help please?

DAEMON Tools comes with a program called an SPTD layer. A normal uninstall of DAEMON Tools does not remove the SPTD portion of the program. Try to remove SPTD and see if the problem is corrected.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

well this is certainly strange. after a second reboot hddvd drive came back to live. but i really need deamon tools to mount images, but am afraid to install it again. any idea why this is happening? i never experienced anything like this (but did always use XPs, is this Vista error?)

thank you for your support

Comment

Same happened to me...

I just posted this elsewhere, but I'll say it here. I have almost exactly the same model as you, Toshiba Sat. 205 in my case, and lost my HDDVD drive right after installing Daemon Tools.

I found a regedit on the Web that was the only thing that helped. The problem has recurred and I ran the regedit again. I will reproduce it below, but please, realize that it's always a little bit of a risk to edit the registry if you don't know what you're doing. This seems to work, if you want to take that risk. Save REGEDIT 4 and all the text after it as a .reg file, this click on it to edit your registry. I hope it works for you. alternatively, hold off on doing this until you get better advice from someone who knows MUCH more than me about this kind of thing.

The regedit is as follows:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
        "UpperFilters"=-
        "LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\UdfReadr]

Comment

Nuking cdrom filters does work...sometimes

Originally Posted by SaxonD View Post
          I just posted this elsewhere, but I'll say it here. I have almost exactly the same model as you, Toshiba Sat. 205 in my case, and lost my HDDVD drive right after installing Daemon Tools.
          I found a regedit on the Web that was the only thing that helped. The problem has recurred and I ran the regedit again. I will reproduce it below, but please, realize that it's always a little bit of a risk to edit the registry if you don't know what you're doing. This seems to work, if you want to take that risk. Save REGEDIT 4 and all the text after it as a .reg file, this click on it to edit your registry. I hope it works for you. alternatively, hold off on doing this until you get better advice from someone who knows MUCH more than me about this kind of thing.
          The regedit is as follows:
          REGEDIT4
          [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
          "UpperFilters"=-
          "LowerFilters"=-
          [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdr4_2K]
          [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdralw2k]
          [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdudf]
          [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\UdfReadr]
          But if it still does not work I forcefully reinstalled my Intel Chipset drivers to get the machine to update the SATA driver on my Thinkpad T60p.

Driver_Download

Comment

Working...
          X