Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No drive letter

Security: NOD32, ZoneAlarm Security Suite, Spybot S&D
    Burning software: Cyberlink CD-DVD suite (OEM)
    DT: 4.10 + SPTD 1.50
    AHCI (installing Intel AHCI driver may have caused the problem?)
    Problem:
    At first DT worked correctly, but after installing a bunch of programs problems appeared. Whenever I try to change the number of drives, the Please Wait dialog never disappears until terminating DT. After DT is restarted, it shows a drive without a drive letter and it can't assign one. I've tried reinstalling DT and SPTD, removing SPTD registry keys before reinstalling ('default' can't be removed even after changing permissions), and installing cdrom.sys manually (the drive is listed under 'other devices', accepts cdrom.sys, but it doesn't stick! When I close the dialog box, it says that no driver was installed!). Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like some registry access problem, e.g. due to screwed permissions by usage of anti-blacklisting tools, or some super-smart anti-virus.
    You can not remove SPTD key while SPTD is running. You must disable SPTD first (set Start value to 4), reboot, then enable all permissions of cfg key, and delete sptd key.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thank you for your reply! The start value was already set to 4 because I uninstalled SPTD, but the key is still undeletable!

Comment

Originally Posted by Timmnuv View Post
        Thank you for your reply! The start value was already set to 4 because I uninstalled SPTD, but the key is still undeletable!
        try to deinstall your zonealarm suite...i had the same problem!

Comment

I managed to clean SPTD out of the registry, but it didn't help! The 'Please wait...' dialog hangs indefinitely. The DT device appears in Task Manager, but under 'Other devices' and has no loaded driver. When I try to load cdrom.sys, it accepts, but after refresh it says 'no driver' again! Could AHCI or Cyberlink CD-DVD suite be the problem? (They don't cause problems on Win XP Pro on the same system)

Comment

Working...
          X