Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[4.10]Unable to add adapter. Device problem 39.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [4.10]Unable to add adapter. Device problem 39.

I installed Daemon Tools 4.10 on a week old install of Vista 32 Ultimate.
    After installing the SPTD driver and reboot the install continues. When I start D Tools I get two consecutive messages:
    • Unable to add adapter. Device problem 39.
    • When I click ok the systray icon appears. When I click on it I get the message: Virtual SCSI driver not detected.

Uninstalling of D Tools is not working. I tried deleting the folder under Program Files and then installing D Tools again to no avail
    I tried reinstalling sptd 1.50 to no avail. Starting the Virtual Disk service didn't help either.
    I have the User Agent Control disabled and am working as administrator.

Does anybody have other ideas about things I can try?

Do you see any errors in system event log?

Comment

Have the same problem and there is not any errors in my system even log. Had ver. 4.10 installed but got the message after putting in an extra harddrive. Tried to uninstall and reinstall but it's not working.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Comment

Forgot to mention, I have also tried to uninstall scsi drivers (and clearing the registry, of both sptd and daemon tools). Also, I've tried to install an earlier ver. of daemon tools and then upgrade. I've tried every way I can think of with the same results:
        • Unable to add adapter. Device problem 39
        • Virtual SCSI driver not detected

Are there any way to fix this?

Comment

I have the same problem under Vista 32. =( Daemon Tools was working fine, but once it have failed to start with this awful message "Unable to add adapter. Device problem 39" and nothing heps since that time.

Comment

Upd. Same problem under WinXP: 4.10 does not work anyway! 8(( Only 4.09.1 SE or something like it...

Comment

Working...
            X